Healthcare Without Rival
We have an opening for a PRN Paramedic to work with our Employer Health Clinic located in Florida City, FL!
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and near site wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, near site, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
This Paramedic will work with our Employer Health Clinic located in Florida City. The plant operates 24/7. Coverage will be 12 hour shifts from 6a-6p or 6p-6a as needed.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance
- Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient
- Monitors cardiac patient
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition, treatments, and significant incidents
- Initiates intravenous fluids to administer medication or drugs, or to replace fluids lacking in body
- Administers injections of medications and drugs
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center
- Communicates with physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone
- Keeps current on treatment techniques, protocol changes, material, and equipment.
- Prepares required reports and maintains records of activities
- May drive mobile unit to and from emergency scene
- Cleans assigned emergency vehicle
- Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment
- Conducts safety inspections and restocking of first aid supplies as directed
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited Paramedic training program, Paramedic Certification as defined within the state in which contract exists
- Current hands on certification in health care provider ARC or AHA Advanced Life Support required
- ACLS certification is required for all Paramedics
- At least three years’ experience as an EMT-P in an emergency room, with an ambulance/EMS service, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification
- React well under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.