PRN Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are proud to partner with The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) and we are currently looking for a PRN Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) to join our team at the Aqueduct Racetrack and Belmont Park, located in Elmont, NY and South Ozone Park (Queens) NY.
About the role: The PRN EMT will work onsite at the Aqueduct Racetrack and Belmont Park. Minimum of 4 shifts (tours) per month required. Hours and shift may vary, with shift options from 4am-12pm, 5am-11am, and 10am-6pm weekdays and weekends.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance
- Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient
- Monitors cardiac patient
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition, treatments, and significant incidents
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center
- Communicates with physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone
- Keeps current on treatment techniques, protocol changes, material, and equipment.
- Prepares required reports and maintains records of activities
- May drive mobile unit to and from emergency scene
- Cleans assigned emergency vehicle
- Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment
- Conducts safety inspections and restocking of first aid supplies as directed
- May require other duties as assigned
- Completion with passing grades from an accredited Emergency Medical Technician program, EMT Certification as defined within the state in which contract exists
- Current hands on certification in health care provider ARC or AHA Basic Life Support required
- At least three years’ experience as an EMT in an emergency room, with an ambulance/EMS service, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
- 911 transport experience
- 2 years relatable experience
- Flexible schedule, ability to pick up at minimum 4 shifts (tours) per month
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.