Director, Business Development, Europe
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as analgesia, CNS, rare diseases, medical device and diagnostics, and pediatric research.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Director, Business Development to join our team! This is a permanent role and can be located in any of our European office locations. Ideally we are looking for strong language skills.
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
The Director, Business Development will:
Secure contract awards based upon predetermined financial targets by cultivating and maintaining client relationships. Additional responsibility for global accounts.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying and qualifying business opportunities related to potential projects requiring clinical research services both for target and exploratory accounts
- Securing client meetings
- Obtaining requests for proposals
- Assisting in proposal development and facilitate presentations at client site
- Securing contract awards based on above efforts and sales targets
- Assisting with maintaining client satisfaction
- Providing project team support as appropriate
- Monitoring and assisting with change orders related to current contracts
You'll need this to be considered:
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (MBA or equivalent preferred)
- Prior experience working in Business Development ideally selling full service CRO
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical drug development and/or medical device development processes
- Some management experience helpful
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Fluency in multiple languages is preferred
- Experienced negotiation skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 60%
- Excellent persuasive/selling skills