Director, Business Development
At Premier Research, we help biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. What we do is profoundly connected to saving and improving lives, and we recognize our staff members are the most valuable asset in delivering success. Inspiring and nurturing staff to do their best work means a better, healthier future for all. We’re a community of 2,000 people in more than 20 countries delivering unmatched expertise, operational skills, and dedication to meet the most challenging needs facing clinical trials today.
We’re looking for a Director, Business Development in South Korea to join our Business Development team that is passionate about improving healthcare through innovative clinical research. As a member of the Premier Research team, you’ll help create tangible solutions for patients in need while building cross-functional partnerships that enable your growth and success.
This is a permanent role to work home based in South Korea. As one of the first BD members in South Korea, you will be critical in growing our business in APAC – your role will be diverse and your voice will be heard. This is a role where you can really make an impact.
What you’ll be doing:
- Securing contract awards based upon predetermined financial targets by cultivating and maintaining client relationships. Additional responsibility for global accounts
- Identifying and qualifying business opportunities related to potential projects requiring clinical research services both for target and exploratory accounts
- Securing client meetings
- Obtaining requests for proposals
- Assisting in proposal development and facilitates presentations at client site• Securing contract awards based on above efforts and sales targets
- Assisting with maintaining client satisfaction
- Providing project team support as appropriate
- Monitoring and assisting with change orders related to current contracts
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of three years direct experience in consultative sales (preferably in CRO or related service industry) Familiarity with pharmaceutical drug development and/or medical device development processes
- Some management experience helpful
- Excellent communication skills in English and Korean (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Experienced negotiation skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 60%
- Excellent persuasive/selling skills
- Premier Research is more than a company – it’s a community of people that truly care about one another, about our clients, and about our mission of furthering research to improve the lives of patients in critical need.
- Our cultural anchors – Caring & Empathy, Empowerment, Aspiration, One Team – mirror the flexibility and trust that our team embodies. As a Premier team member, you have the power to make an impact, regardless of job title and location.
- Our dedication to biotech and specialty pharma is unlike any other. We provide our staff with innovative technologies and continuous learning opportunities so that they have the tools they need to be successful.
We hire people that add to our culture, then invest in developing skills and abilities. If you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not perfectly align with the position as described, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly the right candidate for this role or others.