Executive Director, Program Strategy - CNS - Poland (Remote)
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re currently looking for an exceptional Executive Director, Program Strategy to bring your passion to our team. This role can be located in UK, Spain, Poland or Italy. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Director, Program Strategy is responsible for providing strategic planning, coordination, knowledge and expertise for neurology and psychiatric projects and/or standalone consultative services. This position supports the Business Development and Operations efforts for key customers with regard to designing and managing effective and efficient clinical trials/programs bringing specific regulatory, medical/scientific and operational knowledge with focus in neuroscience. This role serves as the strategic lead during the Request for Proposal process and offers support to operational teams for strategy, risk assessment and management, study design challenges and overall customer relations.
The Director, Program Strategy:
- Serves as a strategist who advises, consults, plans and directs the design and strategy of new business opportunities (RFPs) and/or provides consultative services to customers
- Ensures smooth and timely input and support to the needs of proposal development, strategy and pricing
- Is responsible for planning as it relates to customer development, strategy and operational input to add value and relevance to the sales cycle
- Drives improvement in overall win rate and customer satisfaction
- Takes the initiative to provide input and improve the proposal strategies information flow between customers and key staff within Premier
- Partners with Operations and Business Development for planning of bid defense meetings or capabilities meetings
- Interacts with Business Development for all proposal development support related to the subject matter focus
- Shares responsibility for development and improvement in the pricing and related strategies that provide the best scenario to meeting project margins on successfully awarded work
- Reviews RFP’s, assesses monitoring strategies and resources to support budget development
- Participates in Business Development presentations as appropriate
- Participates in the recruitment, retention and ongoing professional development of CTM staff when requested
- Supports medical writing team in the development of protocol design as well as CSR review and input as needed
- Develops and fosters relationship with existing and potential clients
- Assists with feasibility assessments and provides input for feasibility questionnaires and may also directly connect with potential sites for assessment of participation, protocol considerations and enrollment projections
- Maintains strong knowledge of major events and challenges within the therapeutic areas of focus and provides instruction to team members and managers on those issues as well as training for the respective area of focus
- Must be available to perform up to 65% of overnight business travel, both domestic and international, as required (additional travel is possible based on project requirements and availability)
- Participates in corporate initiatives and actions that ensure the continued success of the company
- Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in clinical, science or health related field from an accredited institution
- Min. 10 years clinical research experience with at least 3 in a CRO
- Min. 3-5 years supervisory / management experience including oversight of large groups
- Global clinical trials experience in managing clinical resources·
- Experience in designing and/or managing clinical trials in CNS
- Proven people manager with ability to guide staff through major changes, encourage teamwork and develop team capabilities·
- Experience in public speaking and able to represent Premier Research at conferences/round tables/symposiums
- Strong knowledge of regulatory, scientific, technical and clinical expertise in conduct of clinical trials in the respective area of focus as demonstrated by past positions related to the therapeutic area in the CRO and Pharma/Biotech sector·
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial and regulatory environments in therapeutic area of expertise
- Strong communication skills