Director, Clinical Operations - Strategic Business Partner - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director, Clinical Operations, Strategic Business Partner, to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
- Supports business development activities by taking ownership of project costing estimates, proposal reviews/change order management and proposal and bid defenses
- Establish, grow and manage long-term and profitable FSP relationships
- Manages the resource allocation and utilization for his or her team in conjunction with the project goals for the FSP department
- Responsible for the oversight of recruitment and line management of clinical operations staff including staff resourcing, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Works with management team to ensure quality and customer service; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements
- Build and maintain long-term rapport and relationships with customers to ensure their expectations are continuously exceeded
- Examine, evaluate, and remediate the department’s process to identify shortfalls, bottlenecks
- Develop plans and processes which reset the bar at a higher level and move past organic or incremental improvements as the measure of success
- Administers financial compensation for direct reports and proposes adjustments (e.g., promotions, market adjustments, etc.) to departmental senior management
- Performs overnight business travel as needed, estimated at approximately 25%
- Executes all other projects as assigned
- 7 to 10 years of people management with proven ability to supervise staff, encourage teamwork and develop team capabilities.
- 7 to 10 years of practical experience in clinical operations, managing clinical trial data or commercial clinical trial management systems and/or electronic data capture products.
- Detailed understanding of the clinical trials process, as well as the different models of strategic sourcing.
- Prior FSP experience preferred but not required
- Strong leadership skills; ability to build and motivate teams to achieve results; ability to influence and inspire action through strong decision-making skills
- Adept user of technology
- Proven ability to mentor others by instructing and developing capabilities
- Demonstrates excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organization skills, able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proven ability to drive a successful customer experience through positive customer interactions, provision of quality and timely deliverables, and task ownership
- Bachelor degree, or international equivalent from an accredited institution, preferably in a technical, programming, clinical, biological, scientific, or health-related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience