Vice President, US Business Development - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Vice President, US Business Development to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.OVERVIEW:
The Vice President, Business Development, has strategic and tactical management responsibility for our North American Business Development. In addition to coaching, mentoring and leading the North American sales team in Clinical Development Services, the VP Business Development of North America will be responsible for leading our key client relationship process and working with clinical operations through development of strategic client solutions resulting in acquisition of new business. Serves as a senior resource to all Account Managers working across all therapeutic areas, leveraging client contacts/relationships and expertise. Provides strategy and direction for other functional areas across the organization that require in-depth knowledge of business development strategies and goals, creating innovative concepts and promotes new ideas. Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies within Clinical Development Services. Uses professional concepts to resolve critical issues and broad design matters. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization. Recognized as an influential leader.
- Attraction, retention and development of high quality employees in the BD Team in North America, including direct line management of 5-10 staff
- Leads and supports Account Managers and Operations through development of strategic client solutions
- Responsible for management of several key accounts, including direct account management and target client interactions, to sell the service of the company
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving annual corporate sales goals to include new business from transactional and strategic accounts in conjunction with the SVP of BD and the CCO, build a scalable structure that can allow for commercial growth while raising standards across the commercial organization
- Formulates account strategies and tactics with other Account Managers and therapeutic leaders, including generation of RFPs and client presentations
- Ensures the quality of proposals through review on a selected basis for assigned accounts and others, as appropriate
- Planning for growth be the preferred provider companies in the biotech/pharma/device/diagnostics segments
- Ensures team compliance via accurate reporting on sales activity and forecasting to executive management
- Consistent monitoring of the sales activity of the team, and tracking of results
- Engaging at C-level in strategic customer organizations
- Supports international client activities through collaboration with Premier Research operation teams and collaborative European partners
- All other projects as assigned
- BA/BS and 12-16 years of related experience or MA and 10-14 years of experience or MBA / PhD and 8-12 years of related experience.
- 7-10 years’ experience of managing people or processes. At this level post-graduate coursework may be expected.
- Minimum of 8-10 years Business Development sales/account management experience, preferably in the CRO industry
- Proven experience as a hands-on manager, who can lead by example and offer continuous processes improvement to increase sales results and commercial efficiency
- Demonstrated understanding of Phase I through Phase IV drug development
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)Experienced negotiation skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 50%
- Strong Business Acumen,
- Excellent persuasive/selling/skills