Senior Director, Business Development - Functional Services Provider/Strategic Solutions Group - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality.
Through our Functional Service Provider (FSP) model, we take on the most challenging therapeutic areas and support our clients through our agile and creative solutions. We’re looking for a talented and energetic Senior Director, Business Development to join our team!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
You'll be accountable for:
- Identifying and developing accounts with pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotech companies to establish and expand FSP business
- Maintaining account management responsibility for several FSP key accounts, including direct account management and targeted client interactions to sell FSP services
- Supporting FSP operations team through development of strategic client solutions and collaborate with marketing as need to promote those solutions
- Formulating account strategies and tactics with FSP leaders
- Maintaining responsibility for the development of Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), and client presentations
- Ensuring the quality of proposals through review for assigned accounts
- All other projects as assigned
You'll need this to be considered:
- Bachelor degree, or international equivalent from an accredited institution, preferably in a programming, technical, clinical, or health-related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of 7 years FSP business development sales/account management experience for a Clinical Research Organization including proven history of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrates excellent English verbal and written communication skills including formal presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools (eg - Outlook, Work, Excel, etc)
- Proven ability to drive a successful customer experience through positive customer interactions and task ownership
- Solid understanding of drug and device development
- Experienced negotiation skills including the ability to think critically and quickly to apply problem-solving skills to customer interactions
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 50%
- Excellent persuasive/selling skills