Global Director, Talent Acquisition
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as analgesia, CNS, rare diseases, medical device and diagnostics, and pediatric research.
We’re looking for a talented and dynamic Director, Talent Acquisition to join our team! This role can be based remotely anywhere in the US.
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognised for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority. Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As the Director of Global Talent Acquisition, you’ll have the opportunity to create a world-class recruitment strategy and manage the efficient operations of Premier’s talent acquisition lifecycle. You’ll have global responsibilities, working with Premier Talent Acquisition Specialists, HR Professionals, and Business Partners around the world.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead Global Talent Acquisition strategy and operations for an organized and global approach to Talent Acquisition; lead, inspire, and motivate a global team to provide world class Talent Acquisition capability to the business.
- Develop a recruitment strategy that cost effectively delivers sources for drawing a strong candidate pool by creating an ongoing talent pool, creative postings, industry networking and sourcing, and partnering with professional organizations and other appropriate venues; provide input to the development and deployment of a compelling employment brand through multiple channels, including the strategic use of social media. Develop initiatives leveraging digital marketing to deliver a superior talent acquisition brand.
- Direct recruiting initiatives including integration of assessment tools, employment branding, employee referral program, interview skills training, etc.
- Analyze current talent acquisition processes, identifying process efficiencies, gaps and determining go forward process plans, i.e. identify and implement “best practices” and workflows across the company to help streamline and standardize processes worldwide.
- Provide leadership for the evolution of talent acquisition technology, recruiting approaches, hiring tools, and partnership with HR and business functions.
- Evaluate, select and manage recruitment agencies and retained/contingency search firms. Assess and measure effectiveness and ensure compliance with negotiated agreements.
- Provide leadership for University talent acquisition efforts to provide a funnel of talent for intern and entry-level roles in the US and provide leadership for similar campus efforts on a global scale.
- Manage the pre-employment process for any new hires (assessments, applications, offer letters, background checks, etc.)
- Develop robust metrics to measure talent acquisition's effectiveness and identify trends, successes and areas of improvement.
- In collaboration with the Business Units, forecast talent needs and monitor recruitment metrics.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders across a range of disciplines and geographies to source, identify and recruit top candidates for immediate and growth needs; analyze current and future international talent acquisition needs, develop plan to build the company’s talent acquisition function, including the determination of best model to use (what combination of in-source/ outsource, etc.) for a comprehensive hiring and recruitment brand strategy.
- Manage a workforce planning process that projects the future skill and capability requirements for the company; bring market knowledge to bear on competitive external talent trends.
- Manage hiring efforts for Executive positions and other positions identified as key to the business.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with executive-level candidates.
- Stay current and informed on industry trends and best practices, including new and innovative talent acquisition strategies, systems and technologies; makes recommendations and drives continuous improvement in global talent acquisition practices.
You’ll need this to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree, along with 12+ years of previous HR experience, with 5 years minimum of Talent Acquisition/Recruiting Management and Leadership experience, including deep knowledge of global recruitment strategies and branding.
- Track record of developing effective strategies to recruit and hire employees through effective sourcing and evaluation processes. Ability to design and manage processes with appropriate degrees of consistency for a global business.
- Known for successful leading, coaching, and mentoring a professional global team
- Highly confident and effective presenter with knowledge of web based communication tools; excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer-service focus
- Maintain a positive working environment that embodies a culture of aspiration, caring, empowerment and a #oneteam approach; excellent team player who encompasses the management skills to motivate, enthuse and lead teams; accountable, dependable and strong commitment
- Excelled organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Self-starter with common sense and able to act on own initiative
- Ability to apply clear and consistent performance standards as well as identify concerns and resolve decisively and objectively