Senior Biostatistical Programmer - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Biostatistical Programmer to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Senior Biostatistical Programmer is responsible for the production of project-related datasets, tables, listings, and figures (TLFs) required for delivery to Premier Research Sponsors. This individual also performs Biostatistical programming, quality control, and validation to support global Biostatistics projects. This work is completed through the development and validation of SAS software programs, macros, and utility tools. The Senior Biostatistical Programmer also prepares specifications for data set analysis. The Senior Biostatistical Programmer acts as Lead Biostatistical Programmer to interact with the Lead Biostatistician and the study team. Additionally, he/she contributes to the tracking of project revenue, backlog, and hours worked on projects, along with forecasting the hours required to complete a project.
1. For project success:
· Keeps detailed records of time spent on each project for accurate billing
· Respects and maintains the confidentiality of the processed material and ensure that any regulations concerning security or confidentiality (such as the safeguarding of passwords) are complied with
· Develops SAS programs to generate listings without shells
2. For commercial success:
· Develops and maintains overall awareness in the field of Biostatistical programming by attending training classes, professional meetings, following-up on technical developments, etc.
· Ensures that work is completed on time and at the correct level of quality
· Contributes to the tracking of project revenue and backlog
- . Contributes to the tracking of hours worked on projects and forecasts hours to complete
- BS or equivalent from accredited college or university, in statistics, IT, mathematics or closely related field or work related experience to be able to perform this role
- Demonstrated working knowledge of data processing, database design and organization in clinical data environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of basic clinical trial design and analysis principles
- Working knowledge of CDISC standards and application of these standards to projects
- Working knowledge and understanding of advanced statistical concepts to program analysis datasets and tables which include descriptive and standard/complex inferential statistics
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment.
- Is customer service focused in approach to work both internally and externally.
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment.
- Ability to build client confidence and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Attention to detail and ability to independently work on stand-alone Biostatistical projects with general supervision
- Fluent verbal and written English as well as the local language(s) required for clinical trial submissions.
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- 4-6 years of experience in SAS programming within the area of clinical trials.
- Prior experience using computerized information systems preferred.
- Knowledge of ICH and local regulatory authority drug research and development regulations preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook