Clinical Data Visualization Programmer (Tableau SME) - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Clinical Data Visualization Programmer (Tableau SME) to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Clinical Data Visualization Programmer (Tableau SME) is responsible for supporting the clinical development operations (CDO) group, by creating and maintaining technological solutions and data visualizations to enhance clinical trial operations and management. This position will participate in the review and/or implementation of new technology, and will continuously seek out ways to improve operational excellence through transparency and accessibility to study related information and clinical data and process / performance metrics. The Principal Clinical Data Analytics Associate will also support ongoing clinical systems and tools, which may include clinical management tracking/metrics tools and reports, operational data review, clinical data review, data visualization, and other initiatives as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates standard and/or custom data review mechanisms, algorithms, dashboards, datasets, reports and visualizations using data analytics and visualizations tools to support data insights, oversight and data review.
- Ensures improved access to clinical and/or operational data, dashboards, and designs solutions to aggregate and visualize study/program data; partners with appropriate SMEs and Clinical Data Sciences to interpret data, trends, and present operational data analysis as requested by internal end-users or study/leadership teams.
- Manages the data flow of electronic data from external data sources/vendors in partnership with Technical Solutions Lead and/or functional SMEs. Liaises with vendors as needed to facilitate electronic data transfers and/or data specification requirements for the purpose of clinical data review.
- Coordinates with IT to design fit for purpose systems to improve clinical trial management and data review processes, and / or to procure technology to resolve challenges and improve efficiency.
- Provides ad-hoc support to other department members on Data Review and visualization techniques and data visualization tools.
- Proactively drives discussion with peers, project teams, and/or requestors to clarify and finalize data review and/or visualizations specifications; uses technical and data sciences skills to meet evolving project needs.
- Supports the development, delivery and maintenance of clinical data review standards, tools and systems, across various data sources (e.g., clinical data, safety and operational data).
- Possesses and maintains overall knowledge in the field of data sciences by learning industry leading tools, reading related literature, self-training, attending training classes, attending professional meetings, etc.
- Supports technology and process initiatives for CDO, with an understanding of technical requirements and clinical needs.
- Designs workflows to identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks that disrupt efficiency.
- Partners with CDO team members to assess technological solutions to business challenges and data sharing.
- Data Science, Math, Statistics or Information Management background; BS required, MS preferred
- At least 3+ years of Tableau experience
- Programming and analytical skills using SAS, R and Python a plus
- Ability to create various outputs as datasets, dashboards, reports, visualizations and to clearly communicate the information provided by these deliverables.
- Strong business and data analysis skills, professional attitude, focusing on process and quality improvements.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with CDO, IT and other departments as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and displays initiative
- Adaptable to changing priorities, excels in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively work in a team setting