Executive Director - Patient Engagement and Recruitment
Bring your Passion to Premier!
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We have positioned ourselves right in the middle of the action, targeting unmet needs in Rare Disease and Pediatrics, Analgesia, Neuroscience, Oncology, Dermatology, and Medical Devices.
We're looking for a talented and energetic Executive Director for Patient Engagement and Recruitment to join our team!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact in an aspiring, empowering and caring culture where people truly work as one team. You can grow and contribute your expertise with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
The Executive Director, Patient Engagement and Recruitment is responsible for leading patient-focused clinical research activities at Premier Research. This position is responsible for assisting Premier’s clients with the development and execution of patient centric research and patient recruitment and retention strategies. This role provides guidance relative to Premier’s current and future service offerings for patient focused clinical development activities and patient recruitment and retention approaches, including those that may be delivered by third party providers. This role supports the franchise Strategy leaders, Operational execution teams and Business Development with regard to client engagement, supporting the design of effective and efficient clinical trials/programs and strategies that incorporate the patient voice and patient experience in the respective therapeutic areas of focus. This role also supports development of recruitment and retention strategies and serves as advisor for project teams and clients on patient enrollment and advocacy interactions. Organizes the patient advocacy liaisons and collaborates closely with internal study delivery teams and external vendors. This position also establishes metrics to determine the value of patient-centric activities, including patient recruitment and retention and champions the patient-centric culture.
- Ensures that Premier Research approaches have a strong patient focused component through all phases of the clinical development process
- Responsible for developing strategies and supporting patient-related activities in selected proposals and bid defenses and, when needed, as the external face for Premier on topics associated with patient engagement, patient recruitment and retention, and patient-centric research and stakeholder engagement
- Collaborates on approaches and support for project teams throughout the project lifecycle to develop and implement plans for patient enrollment, engagement and increase patient retention
- Participates in patient centric initiatives relative to strategic planning and operational aspects of research
- Represents and advises leaders on the patient centricity and stakeholder engagement perspective in key discussions
- Supports and organizes the patient advocacy liaisons
- Assists with feasibility assessments and may also directly connect with potential sites/advocacy organizations for assessment of patient participation and patient-centric protocol considerations
- Supports enhancing existing patient advocacy or engagement relationships and providing patient-centric input to clients where no such role exists
- Develops and fosters Premier’s relationships with patient advocacy organizations and networks aligned with Premier’s therapeutic areas of focus
- Supports medical writing team in the development of protocol and amendment design and input as needed to ensure inclusion of patient-centric principles
- Identifies new areas to benefit from integrating the patient voice into strategy/ decision making
- Participates with other functional leaders to establish a compliant patient and stakeholder engagement and recruitment operating structure in alignment with Premier’s business needs and resources
- Monitors external landscape to ensure Premier is best-in-class at methods incorporating the patient voice including review of technologies and vendors which impact the design and delivery of patient-centric research
- Maintains in depth knowledge of major events and challenges including legislative and regulatory directives regarding patient engagement and patient-centric research and provides instruction and training to team members and managers on those issues
- Works on innovative ways to differentiate Premier’s commitment to patient centricity
- Represents Premier at external congresses, meetings, panels, round tables, symposia, etc, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or international equivalent from an accredited institution, in the biomedical sciences
- 12-14 years’ experience in the CRO or Pharma/Biotech industry in a project management, clinical research, data management, statistics or regulatory affairs capacity including significant experience in in rare disease research or research that incorporates the patient voice
- 5-7 years’ experience managing people or processes
- Experience in guiding patient recruitment, knowledge of data-driven recruitment approaches preferred
- Strong experience in public speaking and presentation delivery
- Working knowledge of FDA Guidance Documents / EU Directives on patient involvement in clinical trials and the legal landscape in each country for patient activities from pre-clinical interactions through post-submission access
- Strong knowledge of regulatory, scientific, technical and clinical expertise in conduct of clinical trials in the respective area of focus as demonstrated by past positions related to the therapeutic area in the CRO and Pharma/Biotech sector
- Familiarity with concepts such as health economics and/or outcomes research as they impact the clinical development process is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of patient and stakeholder engagement as provided by Premier
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20-40%