Manager, Financial Accounting
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We have positioned ourselves right in the middle of the action, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognised for what you do and you will truly have an impact.
You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Manager, Financial Accounting to join our team in Spain!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Month End processes including bank reconciliations and other balance sheet account reconciliations, income statement flux and trend analysis
- Ensure all month end accounting entries are processed in line with timetable to ensure timely general ledger close and facilitate reporting
- Preparation of audit information for external auditors, ensuring full support and reconciliation to the General Ledger
- Completes and submits monthly VAT declarations within 4 working days after month-end
- Supports local office administrator with A/P queries and payments
- Complete, where feasible, MOD tax submissions
- Ensure transactional detail provided to local accountants is materially in line with Premier Research management accounts
- Primary contact for Spanish auditors ensuring full compliance with Spanish GAAP
- Supports Senior Director, Finance for central tasks when applicable
- Participates in corporate initiatives and actions that ensure the continued success of the company
You’ll Need This to be Considered:
- The candidate should be qualified in a recognised professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA) or QBE
- Prior experience using computerised information systems
- Works with internal and external customers/vendors to meet project specific goals
- Ability to work independently and work with remote teams
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Spanish GAAP
- Knowledge of Spanish tax and VAT requirements
- Personal skills & behaviours
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, able prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment
- Customer service focused in approach to work with internal and external parties
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment
- This is a hands on role working in a growing company and the ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to work on their own initiative