Director, Program Delivery - CNS (Poland)
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director, Program Delivery (DPD) to bring your passion to our team. This role can be located in UK, Spain, Poland or Italy. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Director, Program Delivery (DPD) functions at an operational support level for therapeutically aligned programs within neuroscience through key stakeholder engagement and cross functional management. The DPD empowers assigned Senior Project Managers (SPM) and Project Managers (PM) to lead and direct global cross-functional teams, to manage client expectations, and to achieve client satisfaction. The DPD may act as a liaison with assigned customers, may be the primary point of contact for large national, international projects or programs, and may lead multiple clinical trials concurrently. The DPD may act as a line manager for other Project Directors (PD), SPMs and/or PMs, and may provide appropriate resourcing feedback to Premier Research Global Forecasting, Planning and Resourcing (GFPR). This role ensures operational excellence in collaboration with internal and external leadership.
Your main responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and is accountable to mentor and support the work of cross-functional, professional staff and managers assigned to the program
- Provides leadership and mentorship to direct reports within the Franchise, from both career development and therapeutic area perspectives
- Ensures compliant and profitable project delivery that meets or exceeds customer and industry standards
- Ensures successful management and coordination of efforts to support milestone achievement and overall program delivery to the customer
- Ensures adherence to program budget and scope of work to realize program profitability
- Ensures all program tasks are completed in accordance with program plans and in compliance with standard Premier Research processes, policies and procedures
- Oversees and/or manages the program team to ensure program progress is according to client and Premier Research requirements and recommends and drives necessary courses of action to keep program on track
- Monitors the health and growth of accounts and provides support to the project management leadership for such accounts
- Assists in the creation, development and nurturing of key strategic customer relationships
- Facilitates communication within the program and cross-functional teams
- Provides guidance for deliverables (e.g. program strategies, milestone progression materials, etc.)
- Facilitates resolution of program related conflicts with necessary corrective action and alerts senior management to potential issues
- Assists in Business Development activities including proposal development, proposal costing and budget reviews, and leading proposal presentations in partnership with Business Development, the Strategy Lead, and Scientific Account Leadership
You will need this to be considered:
- Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent from an accredited institution, in a clinical, science or health related field
- 7-9 years’ experience managing projects in the CRO industry, including trial management experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a leadership/mentoring field
- Broad knowledge of CNS indications
- Gene therapy and rare disease will be a plus
- Budget/finance/costing experience on a project and program level
- Experience in managing complex, global trials; multiple phases; and full lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting, managing and prioritizing resource assignments required for the effective and efficient management/conduct of multiple clinical trials at varying points of their lifecycle, including multi-protocol programs
- Experience in public speaking and presentation delivery
- Experience in coaching/mentoring other PMs
- Must be available to travel 20 - 40%