IT Project Manager I - Contract to Perm - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional IT Project Manager I to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The IT Project Manager I is responsible for the coordination, execution, and completion of low to moderate scope technology projects within the Information Technology organization. Leads all aspects of projects including, setting deadlines, managing project resources, and monitoring and controlling the project deliverables, and interfacing with stakeholders. Maintains overall ownership of the project by driving deliverables to completion. Builds and maintains relationships with project stakeholders, team members, and other departments involved in the projects.
Project Management & Coordination:
- Lead /support aspects of the project and team from inception to closeout
- Build and foster relationships with client representatives, technical sectors, and sub-contractors to establish project requirements, budget, specifications, and schedules
- Lead and support the activities of multiple cross-functional IT systems/application teams; work with IT Staff / technology vendors in managing ongoing implementation activities throughout the life of the product, ensuring business and client expectations are continuously met
- Produce and /or support review detailed project plans; assess Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), resource loading, dependencies, and milestones
- Effectively apply project management methodology
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to management and/or committees to ensure risks/issues are surfaced and mitigated
- Effectively promote customer involvement and recognize that project success is directly related to satisfying the customer
- Anticipate operational and tactical risks to effectively manage client expectations
- BS degree and 2-3 years direct experience in IT project management, or 5+ years of relevant experience in a project management capacity with a PMP certification
- Experience in at least one generally accepted standard for software/system development and/or service delivery (i.e. PDA, GAMP, ISO9000, IEEE, ITIL, CobIT)
- Demonstrated solid project management core competencies and abilities to lead small to mid-size projects (verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, technical knowledge, and interpersonal skills)
- Familiarity with/experience in the following systems/supporting systems a plus: Data Integration Platforms, ERP, Clinical Systems, Networks and Infrastructures
- Experience in Merger & Acquisitions a plus