Director/ Senior Director Business Development
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We have positioned ourselves right in the middle of the action, targeting unmet needs in Analgesia, Neuroscience, Oncology, Dermatology, Pediatrics, and Rare Diseases.
We’re looking for a talented and innovative Director or Sr. Director, Business Development to join our team! This is a very exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team and grow with a forward-thinking organization that is changing to course of medicine. This is a permanent role and can be located anywhere in the US.
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a highly aspiring, empowering and caring culture with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As the Director or Sr. Director, Business Development, you’ll have the opportunity to cultivate and maintain both domestic and international client relationships in order to secure contract awards based upon financial targets. You’ll also manage for several key accounts, leading the client relationship process and working with clinical operations through development of strategic client solutions to acquire new business. You’ll be able to serve as a senior resource to all Account Managers working across all therapeutic areas, leveraging client contacts/relationships and expertise.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate great energy and enthusiasm and who has the hunter/gatherer mentality. CRO experience is preferred but we will consider candidates with no industry experience - the attitude is what is important!
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify and qualify business opportunities related to potential projects requiring clinical research services both for target and exploratory accounts.
- Maintain account management for several key accounts, including direct account management and targeted client interactions to sell the services of the company
- Support fellow Account Managers and Operations through development of strategic client solutions as part of our “One Team” approach; formulate account strategies and tactics with other Account Managers and therapeutic leaders, including generation of RFPs and client presentations
- Support international client activities through collaboration with Premier Research operation teams and collaborative European partners
- Obtain requests for proposals; secure client meetings and assist in proposal development and facilitates presentations at client site; secures contract awards based on above efforts and sales targets
- Monitors and assists with change orders related to current contracts
You’ll need this to be considered:
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (MBA preferred) along with at least three years direct experience in consultative sales in the CRO or related industry is preferable; management experience helpful
- Demonstrated understanding of Phase I through Phase IV drug development
- Known for being customer focused in approach to work; proven communication skills, including acute persuasive, negotiation and selling talent (interpersonal, written, verbal, and formal presentation)
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment; excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team; Strong people management skills to motivate, enthuse, and lead
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able prioritize work to meet deadlines; ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; accountable, dependable and strong commitment.
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 60%