Associate/ Senior Associate, Proposal Development - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Associate/ Senior Associate, Proposal Development to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Senior Proposal Development Associate manages and drives the proposal development lifecycle from proposal preparation and submission, to post-decision review and feedback to key stakeholders. A key success factor will be the creation of compelling service proposals that profitably meet customer product development needs.
- Effectively manages the proposal development lifecycle from customer through proposal preparation and submission, to post-decision review
- Analyzes customer service needs received in study specification sheets, protocols, case report forms and other supporting information used to prepare proposals (Request for Proposal (RFP) information); identifies discrepancies and works with Business Development to obtain the data or, if none are available, makes reasoned assumptions
- Manages the dissemination of initial RFP information to relevant stakeholders and contributors; sets up initial Kick-off/Strategy meeting for proposal development; directs strategy meeting(s) to ensure complete review of RFP by appropriate operational attendees, discussion of customer background, presentation of Study Drug background and thorough understanding of customer objectives
- Assigns responsibilities to appropriate stakeholders and contributors, sets production schedule, coordinates and collates input to meet proposal production timelines; identifies, assess, resolves and/or escalates issues as needed
- Collaborates with pricing counterpart in the preparation of appropriate resource/service fees using algorithms and electronic spreadsheets, which may also include assisting in departmental reviews, updating initial estimates, analyzing final costs and providing feedback to appropriate stakeholders for input
- In accordance with company review requirements and customer timelines creates a compelling RFP response document that clearly conveys the company’s service offering, strategic approach to meeting the customer’s needs, key messages and value proposition and competitive differentiation
- If requested, works with Business Development to interact with or present proposal content to customers
- Updates and maintains proposal template, library text and other customer-facing documentation; Maintains up-to-date tracking in proposal tracking database of all proposals
- Ensure that Premier’s proposed service solutions are creative, viable and profitable and our proposal documents are accurate, high quality and presented to meet deadlines set
- Ensure all stakeholders and contributors in the proposals process are informed throughout the cycle to meet deadlines
- Effective collaboration with the pricing team to meet deadlines
- Energy, vision and drive to help win new work
- Coordinate and motivate stakeholders and contributors to produce winning service proposal
- Participate in corporate initiatives and actions that ensure the continued success of the company.
- Performs any other assigned duties
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in the Sciences. Business Administration/ Marketing are acceptable alternatives.
- Minimum of three years relevant biopharmaceutical or medical device industry experience which includes a minimum of two years’ experience in the proposal development process
- An understanding of CRO services, the clinical research process and the regulations and guidelines governing our business
- Knowledge of web based communication tools for conferences
- Able to motivate and manage a number of stakeholders and contributors to meet deadlines
- Proven written proposal development skills and expertise
- Professional and interpersonal skills with the energy, vision and drive to help win new work
- Able to lead and motivate stakeholders and contributors to produce a winning service proposal
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to distill scientific or medical concepts into compelling and differentiating strategies and arguments
- Enthusiasm and willingness to accept responsibility, takes ownership of assigned projects and sees them through to on-time completion
- Detail oriented and well organized with excellent task organizational skills
- Possess a good working knowledge of common commercial software (including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications)
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment.
- Is customer service focused in approach to work both internally and externally.
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment.