Associate, Proposal Pricing - Remote
Bring your Passion to Premier!
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as analgesia, CNS, rare diseases, medical device and diagnostics, and pediatric research.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Proposal Pricing Associate to join our team!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognised for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority. Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As an Associate, Proposal Pricing, you’ll have the opportunity to drive the budget development lifecycle from customer need identification through budget preparation and submission. A key success factor will be the creation of accurate and appropriately resourced budgets that profitably meet customer product development needs. You’ll be accountable for effective collaboration with the proposal development team to meet deadlines and preparing proposal budgets to support the acquisition of new business
What You’ll Be Doing:
Promoting commercial and operational success through collaboration with operational departments to ensure appropriate resourcing and budget development:
- Managing aspects of the trial budget process including trial cost analysis, final study budget development including Out of Pocket and FTE costs
- Effectively interfacing with Project Planning group, Contract Development group, Global Project Managers, and Regional Project Managers to achieve a successful study management team model
- Proactively building and maintaining internal and external relationships that support the gathering of business intelligence to support financial & specific operational activities
Supporting new business acquisition with proposal preparation:
- Effectively managing the budget development lifecycle from customer need identification, through proposal preparation and submission
- Analyzing customer service needs received in study specification sheets, protocols, case report forms and other supporting information used to prepare proposals (Request for Proposal (RFP) information); identifying discrepancies and working with Business Development to obtain the data or make reasoned assumptions
- In collaboration with Proposal Developer, managing the dissemination of initial RFP information to relevant stakeholders and contributors; setting up costing meeting; directing costing meetings to ensure complete review of RFP by appropriate operational attendees, discussion of resourcing needs, and thorough understanding of customer objectives
- Assigning responsibilities to appropriate stakeholders and contributors, sets budget development schedule, coordinating input to meet proposal production timelines; identifying, assessing, resolving and/or escalating issues.
- Preparing appropriate resource/service fees using algorithms and electronic spreadsheets, which may also include assisting in departmental reviews, updating initial estimates, analyzing final costs and providing feedback to appropriate stakeholders for input
- Providing technical guidance and training to operational employees to ensure consistency in preparation and interpretation of cost estimates
- Preparing service descriptions and budget assumptions using proposal template
- Providing face-to-face, written and telephone contact with representatives from pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device companies, when requested
For Team Success:
- Supporting Business Developers in maintaining client relationships and assists with the coordination of client interactions with Premier Research, when requested;
- Providing technical guidance and training to operational staff members to ensure consistency in preparation and interpretation of cost estimates
You’ll Need This to Be Considered:
- Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent preferably in the Sciences or Business Administration/Marketing along with one year of relevant industry experience
- One year of relevant industry experience with an understanding of CRO services, including knowledge of the processes and procedures for conducting a clinical trial, to ensure the production of an appropriate budget for inclusion in the proposal and general knowledge of clinical trial management services
- Excellent writing capabilities, good mathematics skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; and the ability to apply basic concepts of accounting and finance
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word and knowledge of web based communication tools for conferences
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to work in an effective team environment with excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities with excellent organizational and time-management skills, able prioritize work to meet deadlines. Accountable, dependable and strong commitment.
- Customer service focused in approach to work both internally and externally, maintaining a positive, results orientated work environment