Senior Training Specialist
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Training Specialist to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Senior Training Specialist works collaboratively with other staff to project manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of projects and other organizational initiatives. This is a full-time position. This position reports directly to the Head of Continuous Learning and is part of a larger internal group focused on strategic business optimization. Manages professional learning and capacity development initiatives that advance Premier Research’s mission, vision, and goals. Designs, develops, and delivers learning experiences that best suit the content, organizational needs, and continuous learning criteria (e.g., eLearning, virtual and in-person instructor-led trainings, blended learning options). Identifies and develops online and print resources to support professional learning and capacity development initiatives. Participates in local, regional, and national meetings, as requested by the Leadership Team and/or Head of Continuous Learning.
- Assists with developing overall training plan for in-person/online meetings and sessions
- Contributes to reports and updates on organizational progress and value related to learning and development
- Project manage with cross-functional teams with mapping out a comprehensive training program for new hires including the preparation of electronic and paper based on-boarding materials.
- Assist with assessing training needs for new and existing employees as well as external vendors and identifying training activities/systems to address competency gaps, as identified.
- Liaise with internal subject matter experts regarding instructional design and assist with the development of training aids.
- Assist with the design and application of assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Track and report on training outcomes to cross-functional teams depending upon organizational need.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding training material and methodology.
- Contributes to new business activities through networking, liaising with department subject matter experts, and taking advantage of external opportunities to bring learning into the organization.
- Works across teams and in a team-based environment to meet project goals and objectives
- A degree, or equivalent, in relevant field such as education, public health, drug development, clinical trial management, with master’s degree minimum preferred.
- 4-8 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating professional learning and capacity development activities focused on adult learners.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with cross functional teams within a health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and timely in writing and verbally with colleagues, clients, and program partners; strong oral and written communication skills are crucial.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks and in organizing and prioritizing work assignments and ongoing duties
- Ability to apply learning and development frameworks including estimating return on investment of programs.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally travel locally, regionally, and nationally with overnight stays
- Skilled in Microsoft Office with some experience/understanding of training development platforms and various delivery methodologies used for synchronous and asynchronous adult training activities.