Operations Support Specialist - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Operations Support Specialist to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
You'll be doing:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for supervisors including; managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is something confidential; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures that Executives schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executives time and office.
- Research, prioritize, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Executives updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executives ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadlines pressures.
- Cooperates and coordinates with administrative assistants in other departments to handle temporary work overloads and fill in for temporary absences
- May supervise or lead other administrative support staff
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgement in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organization; involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function, or the department, or which may be of sensitive nature
- High school/secondary school graduate or professional certification
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capabilities.
- Highly resource team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- At least 8 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Ability to deal professionally with highly confidential information and matters
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead and provide task assignments and direction to other administrative or clerical personnel
- Potential occasional travel required