Executive Director, Program Strategy - General Medicine
Premier Research is looking for a Executive Director, Program Strategy to join our General Medicine team. You will help biotech, medtech, and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas and breakthrough science into new medicines, devices, and diagnostics. What we do is profoundly connected to saving and improving lives, and we recognize our team members are the most valuable asset in delivering success.
- We are Built for You. We are here to help you grow, to give you the skills and opportunities to excel at work with the flexibility and balance your life requires.
- We are Built by You. Your ideas influence the way we work, and your voice matters here.
- We are Built with You. As an essential part of our team, you help us deliver the medical innovation that patients are desperate for.
Together, we are Built for BiotechSM. Join us and build your future here.
As the Executive Director, Program Strategy, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your strategic and therapeutic expertise to advise, consult, plan and direct the design and strategy of new business opportunities and provide consultative services to customers. You’ll also support the Business Development and Operations efforts for key customers, and provide support and input as it relates to the RFP process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Strategize with Business Development for all proposal development support related to Gen Med studies; lead and partner with Operations and Business Development for planning of bid defense and capability meetings
- Review RFP’s, assess monitoring strategies and resources to support budget development
- Develop and improve the pricing and related strategies that provide the best scenario to meeting project margins on successfully awarded work
- Ensure compliant and profitable project delivery that meets or exceeds customer and industry standards
- Develop and foster relationships with existing/potential clients and networks aligned with Gen Med
What we are searching for:
- Bachelor's degree (PhD or MS strongly preferred) in a clinical, science or health related field along with 10-12 years in Clinical Trials Experience including 5 years in a CRO or pharmaceutical environment
- SME in designing and/or managing clinical trials in General Medicine, which includes strong knowledge of regulatory, scientific, technical, and clinical operations; extensive knowledge of the commercial and regulatory environments in the area of Gen Med
- In depth experience in public speaking and presentation delivery; excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to distill scientific or medical concepts into compelling and differentiating strategies
- Able to motivate and manage a number of stakeholders and contributors to meet deadlines and to produce a winning service proposal and high quality work
- Must be available to perform up to 50-65% of overnight business travel, both domestic and international
Why choose Premier Research?
- Premier Research is more than a company – it’s a community of people that truly care about one another, about our clients, and about our mission of furthering research to improve the lives of patients in critical need.
- Our cultural anchors – Caring & Empathy, Empowerment, Aspiration, One Team – mirror the flexibility and trust that our team embodies. As a Premier team member, you have the power to make an impact, regardless of job title and location.
- Our dedication to biotech and specialty pharma is unlike any other. We provide our staff with innovative technologies and continuous learning opportunities so that they have the tools they need to be successful.
Because we are transforming life-changing ideas into new medical treatments for a diverse population, we require the perspectives of a diverse staff thinking creatively, challenging ideas, and solving complex problems fearlessly. Through a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and empowerment, we create a community of belonging that welcomes differences, fuels innovation, and better connects us to the patients, physicians, and customers we serve.
We hire people that add to our culture, then invest in developing skills and abilities. If you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not perfectly align with the position as described, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly the right candidate for this role or others.
Premier Research is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is compliant with all federal guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.