Medical Informatics Analyst
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Medical Informatics Analyst to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
As the Medical Informatics Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your expertise by collecting, analyzing and presenting medical informatics data within Premier Medical Affairs, for pre-award internal assessments and all stages of the study bidding process. You will play a critical role for Premier during both the sales process and study start-up, as specific patient access plans per country are fundamental for Premier Research in the success of securing the business and achieving positive results for the multi-country phase I to phase IV studies we target. Such planning will also support patient recruitment milestones being achieved in a timely manner post study award. These are key components for a successful clinical study, thus helping us to achieve our organizational mission of supporting efforts in developing life-changing therapies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with Business Development, Operations, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Proposal Analysts to support proposal development to understand, assess and meet client requirements; thoroughly review protocol and client supporting documents to ensure good understanding of the requirements for study delivery; review internal data and external literature to obtain a background understanding of Premier Research experience, country specific treatment patterns, available medications and competitive studies/market for disease areas to support Request For Proposal (RFP)
- Drive the process for medical informatics data collection; compile the data and, together with the study team, make a recommendation on country selection, type of sites, numbers of sites, number of patients per country and recruitment timelines for inclusion in the proposal
- Identify key information to be collated from local Study Start-Up Associates to support country strategy development; design protocol specific site-level electronic feasibility questionnaires to collect metrics-based data, collate responses and analyze data to provide regularly updated summary report to proposal team for review
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases to capture and store metrics based medical informatics data for historical reference
- Attend and demonstrate your expertise at bid defense meetings; write up medical informatics results and recommendations on strategic patient recruitment delivery plan for inclusion in proposals and/or feasibility reports and bid defense slides
- Serve as the point contact for parties involved with assigned medical informatics assessments
- Support progression of Informatics Analysts for their development and training by sharing expertise
- Maintain a library of medical informatics results tables and final reports for future reference
- Undertake scientific literature reviews in collaboration with the medical strategist to understand treatment patterns, guidelines, standards of care and available medications for therapeutic disease areas within sponsor areas of focus.
- Identify patient sources and flow, i.e. diagnosis, referral and treatment/care pathways in each country, in order to support the proposal bid and ultimately the project delivery post award.
- Use computer-based models to project patient recruitment in studies, tailored to protocol design and country/site distribution
You’ll need this to be considered:
- Undergraduate degree (MSc, MPhil or PhD preferred) in a clinical, biological, scientific, or health-related field along with 2 years of experience in Clinical Trials Support along with exposure to Feasibility roles
- Experience using external Clinical Trial Databases (e.g. Citeline).
- Proven to showcase dynamic verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrating credibility in customer facing situations
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications, including high competency in data analysis skills and ability to use complex models built within Excel; web-based communication tools for conferences
- Known for being customer-focused in approach to work and communications with the ability to professionally interact with sites, clients, vendors and other functional areas; strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Maintain a positive working environment that embodies a culture of aspiration, caring, empowerment and a #oneteam approach
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able prioritize work to meet deadlines; ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; accountable, dependable and strong commitment.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and common sense and able to act on own initiative and known to apply clear and consistent performance standards and handles problems decisively and objectively