Director, Market Development, Asia Pacific
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We have positioned ourselves right in the middle of the action, targeting unmet needs in Rare Disease and Pediatrics, Analgesia, Neuroscience, Oncology, Dermatology, and Medical Devices.
We’re looking for a talented and innovative Director, Market Development, Asia Pacific to join our team in China!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact in an aspiring, empowering and caring culture where people truly work as one team. You can grow and contribute your expertise with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
As the Director, Market Development, you will have the opportunity to provide strategic planning, coordination, knowledge and expertise in a specific subject matter for projects and/or standalone consultative services for Premier Research. You will support the Business Development and Proposals Teams, as well as Operations efforts for customers to design and manage effective and efficient clinical trials/programs by bringing specific regulatory, medical/scientific, site capabilities and operational knowledge in the respective area of focus. You will also support the Request for Proposal process and offer support to operational teams for strategy, risk assessment and management, study design challenges and overall customer relations.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as the principal strategist for APAC to advise, plan and direct the design and strategy of new business opportunities (RFPs) and provide consultative services to customers; plan as it relates to customer development, strategy and operational input to add value and relevance to the sales cycle; interact with Business Development for all proposal development support related to APAC participation
- Represent APAC and help global TA heads to develop and improve the pricing and related strategies that provide the best scenario to meeting project margins on successfully awarded work
- Lead (or partner with) Operations and Business Development for planning of bid defense meetings or capabilities meetings
- Assist with development and improvement of “signature of quality” plans to enhance Premier Research performance and contributions to customer programs
- Liaise with Clinical Trial Management (CTM) colleagues globally to ensure continuity throughout assigned global RFPs and Business Development opportunities
- Develop and foster relationship with existing and potential clients
- Assist with feasibility assessments and provide input for feasibility questionnaires (you may also directly connect with potential sites for assessment of participation, protocol considerations and enrollment projections)
- Participate in corporate initiatives and actions that ensure the continued success of the company
- Frequent business travel, both domestic and international, as required
You will need this to be considered:
- Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in clinical, science or health related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years clinical research experience with at least three (3) in a CRO or pharmaceutical environment and 3-5 years in a leadership role building/managing projects and programs
- Global clinical trials experience in managing clinical trials and clinical resources
- Strong knowledge of regulatory, scientific, technical and clinical expertise in conduct of clinical trials and of the commercial and regulatory environments
- Proven people manager with ability to guide staff through major changes, encourage teamwork and develop team capabilities; excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills; experience in public speaking and able to represent Premier Research at conferences/round tables/symposiums
- Has a consultative communication and collaboration approach to the implementation of the project plan with the team and the customer
- Fluent verbal and written English as well as the local language(s) required for clinical trial submissions
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment