Associate Director, Business Development - Remote
Bring your Passion to Premier!
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We have positioned ourselves right in the middle of the action, targeting unmet needs in Rare Disease and Pediatrics, Analgesia, Neuroscience, Oncology, Dermatology, and Medical Devices.
We're looking for a talented and energetic Associate Director, Business Development to join our Business Development team in China!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact in an aspiring, empowering and caring culture where people truly work as one team. You can grow and contribute your expertise with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority. Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As the Associate Director, Business Development you'll have the opportunity to showcase your expertise to secure contract awards based upon predetermined financial targets by cultivating and maintaining client relationships
What you'll be doing:
- Identifies and qualifies business opportunities related to potential projects requiring clinical research services both for target and exploratory accounts
- Secures client meetings
- Obtains requests for proposals
- Assists in proposal development and facilitates presentations at client site
- Secures contract awards based on above efforts and sales targets
- Assists with maintaining client satisfaction
- Provides project team support as appropriate
- Monitors and assists with change orders related to current contracts
- All other projects as assigned
You'll Need this to be Considered:
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of three to five years direct consultative sales (preferably in CRO or related service industry) or alternatively at least 8 years relevant operations experience in the CRO industry
Expertise and know-how
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical drug development and/or medical device development processes
Personal skills & behaviours
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Experienced negotiation skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 60%
- Excellent persuasive/selling skills