Translator Programmer - Clinical Payments
As a Translator Programmer, Clinical Payments you’ll have the opportunity to develop and troubleshoot translators and preprocessors and support additional reporting requirements within the Clinical Payments department. You’ll also ensure certain data points are loaded successfully into the clinical payments system. In addition, you will be asked to oversee and standardize reports for payment accruals or forecasting.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop translator programs for processing electronic trial data based according to specifications
- Support Data Acquisition activities
- Support in maintenance of generator file that takes data from Excel and automatically loads it into XML format
- Work with Clinical Payment Specialists to ensure data is being loaded successfully into the clinical payments system
- Develop standardized reports that can be used by the payments group for payment forecasting or accruals
- Review study specifications (e.g. – EDC visit and procedure structure) and site contracts to understand and implement system setup requirements accordingly
- Produce and analyze reports, as needed, outlining payment, forecasting, and accrual activity
- Additional activities as delegated
You’ll Need This to be Considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical field preferred (applicable experience may substitute for degree) and 2-3 years of practical experience.
- Prior experience using computerized information systems and an understanding of data processing required.
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft Access and SQL queries required.
- Experience with Visual Basic, Visual Studio or C++ Programming as well as Basic PL SQL (Oracle) knowledge preferred
- Experience working with various systems such as: EDC, CTMS, IVRS and other clinical systems
- Working knowledge of object oriented programming languages (Java, SQL, XML, Informatica)
- Working knowledge of translators, preprocessors, and/or data loading preferred
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language
- Attention to Detail - Ensuring information is complete and accurate and problem solving abilities
- Methodical Approach - Breaking tasks down in a systematic way in to more manageable segments of work or splitting the task between a team
- Mind Mapping and Structured Thinking - Deploying thinking skills and setting out ideas in a logical pattern through the use of diagrams used to display connections between ideas or concepts; communicating technical finance information clearly and concisely
- Knowledge Sharing - Communicating information to others that increases professional knowledge and organizational effectiveness