Performance Data Analyst
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Performance Data Analyst to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Performance Data Analyst will play a critical role in the measurement of Premier Research’s key processes. This position will focus on high-impact, high priority metrics, measurements, and KPIs at Premier Research. We expect you to aid various teams in drawing insight from our data. This includes creating dashboards, visualizations, algorithms, and business tools for use across the organization.
If you're passionate about health data, health informatics and clinical research, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with large amounts of data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a high quality and growing CRO.
This individual will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to establish data collection and aggregation protocols, establish data monitoring protocols, and analyze and report data in order to inform key decisions and recommendations. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Clinical Informatics and works closely with the IT data analytics team and other internal senior stakeholders.
You'll be doing:
Provide timely analysis to support data-driven decisions for key internal and external customers. Align with initiative owners, performance managers, and senior leaders on key performance measures and business needs. Produce timely, high quality analyses that help drive strategic decision-making and strategy shifts for multiple high priority initiatives.
• Create measurement plans that include data collection, analysis, and evaluation protocols to track program performance, strategic trends, and process efficiency. Process and manipulate raw data, create, and maintain analysis datasets, visualize performance data and automate and maintain reporting in the form of dashboards.
• Develop and manage systems and processes to monitor and report on performance measures for high priority projects. Propose and implement data analysis strategies, develop data element inventories, and track and report key performance measures.
• Ensure accurate, transparent, and on-time reporting and analysis of progress and performance results to internal stakeholders through regular progress meetings.
• Identify data training needs and deliver tailored coaching and targeted support for project owners to support effective data use for the purpose of project and performance management.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Bachelor’s degree in analytical field related to health data/informatics preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with clinical/health data or business analytics in a healthcare setting, CRO or closely related sector - this is essential. Proven experience in managing and analyzing data for large, complex projects, and developing reporting solutions and processes.
- Education and experience may substitute for one another on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrated ability to support data-driven decision-making and provide real-time data insights
- Demonstrated experience measuring and reporting on key performance indicators in a clinical setting.
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Ability to monitor, problem solve, and continuously improve/iterate
- Ability to report out on complex data in succinct, visual, and user-centric ways
- Highly proficient with data management and manipulation solutions.
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships with people across the organization including program owners, performance managers, operations and finance teams, and senior leadership.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized; ability to balance the demands of multiple projects at different stages of development while maintaining quality and consistency across all work.
- Collaborative and results-oriented, especially within a team environment, and a desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and comfortable and confident in speaking and presenting to large groups of people
- Perform root cause analyses on key problem areas
- Identify and assess risks & opportunities.
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
- Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Experience with Qlik or equivalency to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
- Staying atop data trends, key indicators, and industry standards that promote continuous performance quality improvement.