Director, Business Development (Inside Sales) (Remote)
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director, Business Development (Inside Sales) to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
As the Director, Business Development you'll have the opportunity to showcase your expertise to secure contract awards based upon predetermined financial targets by cultivating and maintaining client relationships. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
What you'll be doing:
- Identifies and qualifies business opportunities related to potential projects requiring clinical research services both for target and exploratory accounts
- Secures client meetings
- Obtains requests for proposals
- Assists in proposal development and facilitates presentations at client site
- Secures contract awards based on above efforts and sales targets
- Assists with maintaining client satisfaction
- Provides project team support as appropriate
- Monitors and assists with change orders related to current contracts
- All other projects as assigned
You'll Need this to be considered:Educational Background
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of three years direct experience in consultative sales (preferably in CRO or related service industry)
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical drug development and/or medical device development processes
- Some management experience helpful
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Experienced negotiation skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 60%
- Excellent persuasive/selling skills