Vendor Category Manager - Czech Republic
At Premier Research, we help biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. What we do is profoundly connected to saving and improving lives, and we recognize our staff members are the most valuable asset in delivering success. Inspiring and nurturing staff to do their best work means a better, healthier future for all. We’re a community of 2,000 people in more than 20 countries delivering unmatched expertise, operational skills, and dedication to meet the most challenging needs facing clinical trials today.
We’re looking for a Vendor Category Manager to join our Project Delivery team that is passionate about improving healthcare through innovative clinical research. As a member of the Premier Research team, you’ll help create tangible solutions for patients in need while building cross-functional partnerships that enable your growth and success.
- We are Built for You. We are here to help you grow, to give you the skills and opportunities to excel at work with the flexibility and balance your life requires.
- We are Built by You. Your ideas influence the way we work, and your voice matters here.
- We are Built with You. As an essential part of our team, you help us deliver the medical innovation that patients are desperate for.
Together, we are Built for BiotechSM. Join us and build your future here.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of Vendor Category needs and assessment of new vendors and services
- Establish, develop and maintain relationship with the Vendors in the assigned category/ies appropriate for their engagement (includes meetings, written communication, business reviews, escalations, etc.); leads business reviews and ad hoc meetings as necessary
- Partners with Project Delivery as a Subject Matter Expert for Vendor strategy during the proposal and setup of Studies
- Oversee and manage escalation issues with Vendors escalated to the Vendor Management Operations group
- Develop and Implement Category Oversight Plans for assigned categories
- Participate in the development and execution of approved strategies for assigned categories
- Collect and analyze agreed metrics, KPIs and feedback received from Project teams in order to be able to assess delivery, compare Vendors in the category and recommend the best fit for a study based on specifics
- Act as facilitator in escalation calls with Sponsor, Vendor and Project team to seek solutions; collect resolutions in a data base for future reference
- Perform horizon scanning for new services/ providers in the assigned category/ies
- Coaches, Mentors and Develops Project Vendor Managers in their growth and understanding of the role
- May need to travel to meet Vendors depending on the category (less than 20% of the time)
What we are searching for:
- Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in a relevant field from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience
- Strong experience in project trial delivery as a Vendor Manager
- Good understanding of clinical trial execution is essential
- CRO experience is preferred
- Vendor management experience is essential
- Solid conflict management and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
Why choose Premier Research?
- Premier Research is more than a company – it’s a community of people that truly care about one another, about our clients, and about our mission of furthering research to improve the lives of patients in critical need.
- Our Values- We Aim High, We Work Together, We Stay Agile, We Get It Done, We Care- mirror the determination, flexibility and trust our team embodies. As a Premier team member, you have the power to make an impact. regardless of job tittle and location.
- Our dedication to biotech and specialty pharma is unlike any other. We provide our staff with innovative technologies and continuous learning opportunities so that they have the tools they need to be successful.
Because we are transforming life-changing ideas into new medical treatments for a diverse population, we require the perspectives of a diverse staff thinking creatively, challenging ideas, and solving complex problems fearlessly. Through a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and empowerment, we create a community of belonging that welcomes differences, fuels innovation, and better connects us to the patients, physicians, and customers we serve.
We hire people that add to our culture, then invest in developing skills and abilities. If you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not perfectly align with the position as described, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly the right candidate for this role or others.