Senior Associate Strategic Sourcing
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as Oncology, Analgesia, CNS, Rare Diseases, Dermatology and Pediatric Research.
We’re looking for a talented and innovative Senior Associate, Strategic Sourcing/Vendor Proposal Management to join our dynamic team!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognised for your expertise and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in an aspiring and empowering environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority. Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As a Senior Associate, Strategic Sourcing, you’ll have the opportunity to manage and drive the vendor bid request life cycle from customer need identification, to identification of potential vendors and submission of Request for Proposal (RFP) requests to the vendors, through budget review and submission to the sponsor. As a key to success, you’ll need to identify appropriate vendors and evaluate received bids in order to present the best solution to meet customer product development needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyze customer service needs from RFP materials including study specification sheets, protocols, case report forms, and other supporting information used to prepare proposals; identify discrepancies and work with the RFP response team to obtain the data or, makes reasoned assumptions.
- Work collaboratively with the assigned RFP response team to determine appropriate vendor services and vendors required, evaluate bids and choose the best vendors in order to ensure a complete study conduct solution is presented to the customer.
- Manage vendor bid requests in accordance with the needs of the RFP. Set schedule to receive vendor bids; coordinate vendor input to meet proposal production timelines; identify, assess, resolve and/or escalate issues as needed.
- Review all bids received for accuracy and completeness of response.
- Collaborate with proposal strategist and budget specialist to ensure appropriate and complete vendor costs and strategy are incorporated into Premier Research’s RFP response documents, helping to clearly convey the company’s service offering, strategic approach to meeting the customer’s needs, key messages and value proposition, and competitive differentiation.
- Develop, strengthen, and maintain relationships with selected vendors in order to ensure efficient working relationships.
- Develop vendor capability awareness across the operational staff at Premier Research to facilitate common understanding of vendor services to ensure that the best vendor partners are selected for each opportunity.
You’ll need this to be considered:
- Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent preferably in Sciences or Business Administration/ Marketing, from an accredited institution along with three years of relevant CRO, biopharmaceutical or medical device industry experience.
- Experience reviewing RFP materials and protocol documents, as well as managing external suppliers, vendors and client interactions.
- An understanding of CRO services, the clinical research process, and the regulations and guidelines governing our business or equivalent medical or business experience (e.g. study coordinator, RN, CNA) .
- Good mathematics skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; and the ability to apply basic concepts of accounting and finance.
- Proven written communication skills and expertise with some proposal writing experience is desirable.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of web based communication tools for conferences.
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- A customer service focused approach to work both internally and externally
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment