Biostatistician - Remote
The Biostatistician continues to develop skills and capabilities, applying knowledge of statistics to generate derived datasets, tables, listings, and figures (TLFs) of clinical trial data. This individual also performs quality control of TLFs and derived data sets created by other Biostatisticians, and may be asked to assist in the preparation of statistical plans. The Biostatistician successfully supports Biostatistics leads and senior reviewers in the execution of deliverables by managing the timelines and budget of assigned tasks. Additionally, the Biostatistician prepares specifications for analysis data sets and independently draft statistical analysis plans.
What you'll be doing:
- Independently develops SAS programs to generate listings, tables and figures as outlined by a statistical analysis plan
- Performs QC of TLFs, CDISC and other analysis data sets
- Prepares specifications for CDISC and other analysis data sets
- Prepares draft statistical analysis plans under supervision
- Develops and maintains overall awareness in the field of biostatistics by reading related literature, attending training classes, professional meetings, statistical conferences etc.
- Keeps detailed records of time spent on each project to allow accurate billing
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of the processed material and ensure that any regulations concerning security or confidentiality (such as the safeguarding of passwords) are complied with
- Maintains Biostatistical section of TMF
- Reviews and provides feedback on Data Management documents
- Ensures work completed is completed is on time at the correct level of quality
- Builds strong relationships with Data management to provide proactive support.
- Participates in efforts for efficiency and productivity in the department
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Attends project team and other company meetings, as required
- Participate in corporate initiatives and actions that ensure the continued success of the company
You'll need this to be considered:
- BS, MS from accredited college or university, in statistics or closely related field.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in clinical trials design and analysis using SAS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Evidence of good SAS programming skills
- Fluent verbal and written English as well as the local language(s) required for clinical trial submissions.
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment.
- Is customer service focused in approach to work both internally and externally.
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment.