Informatics Analyst, Neuroscience (Remote)
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Informatics Analyst, Neuroscience to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
Responsible for working independently on the collection, analysis and presentation of medical informatics data within Premier Medical Affairs, for pre award internal assessments and all stages of the study bidding process. This is a critical activity for Premier Research during the sales process and study start-up. Specific patient access plans per country will be fundamental for Premier Research to secure the multi-country phase I to phase IV studies we target. Such planning will also support patient recruitment milestones being achieved in a timely manner post study award, thus having a positive effect on revenue stream.
The Informatics Analyst:
· Prioritizes multiple assignments globally in a fast-paced work environment to meet internal and customer timelines and goals
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) in order for all of the internal and customer teams to understand proposed strategies
· Analytical skills applied to collate and analyse all data to ensure that the optimal strategy is proposed
· Works within an organized, proactive and data-driven environment
1. For project and commercial success:
· Review protocol and client supporting documents to ensure good understanding of the requirements for study delivery
· Collaborate with Business Development, Operations, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Proposal Analysts to support proposal development to understand, assess and meet client requirements
· Review internal data and external literature to obtain a background understanding of Premier Research experience, country specific treatment patterns, available medications and competitive studies/market for disease areas to support Request For Proposal (RFP)
Identify key information to be collated from local Study Start-Up Associates to support country strategy development
· Design protocol specific site-level electronic feasibility questionnaires to collect metrics based data, collate responses and analyse data to provide regularly updated summary report to proposal team for review
· Maintain spreadsheets and databases to capture and store metrics based medical informatics data for historical reference
· Attendance at bid defence meetings
· Perform assigned medical informatics activities as delineated in Standard Operating Procedures and work guides
· Serve as the point contact for parties involved with assigned medical informatics assessments
· Drive the process for individual assignments for medical informatics data collection
· Compile the data into a report based on available data, together with the study team, make a recommendation on country selection, type of sites, numbers of sites, number of patients per country and recruitment timelines for inclusion in the proposal
· Write up medical informatics results and recommendations on strategic patient recruitment delivery plan for inclusion in proposals and/or feasibility reports and bid defence slides
· Support progression of Informatics Analysts for their development and training by sharing expertise
· Maintain a library of medical informatics results tables and final reports for future reference
· Drive process improvement
· Undertake scientific literature reviews in collaboration with the medical strategist to understand treatment patterns, guidelines, standards of care and available medications for therapeutic disease areas within sponsor areas of focus.
· Identify patient sources and flow, i.e. diagnosis, referral and treatment/care pathways in each country, in order to support the proposal bid and ultimately the project delivery post award.
· Use computer-based models to project patient recruitment in studies, tailored to protocol design and country/site distribution
· Mentors and trains junior level staff (i.e. Informatics Analysts)
· Participates in corporate initiatives and actions that ensure the continued success of the company
- · Other activities as designated by Manager, Medical Informatics
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a clinical, biological, scientific, or health-related field ·
- Preferred postgraduate degree (MSc, MPhil or PhD) in a clinical, biological, scientific, or health-related field Clinical trials support or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.·
- Experience/exposure to feasibility roles preferred·
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English;
- Experience using external Clinical Trial Database preferred