Executive Director, Biostatistics - Remote
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Executive Director Biostatistics to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Executive Director, Biostatistics, has global leadership responsibility for operations of the Biostatistics Department. As department head they are responsible for all aspects of operational excellence including global standards for processes as well as the resourcing and financial components of project performance. They oversee full talent acquisition and retention efforts, building a strong team to perform with quality according to Premier’s cultural anchors. The Executive Director leads technical innovation for the department and stays at the forefront of their technical discipline. They are active members of Premier’s client engagement process from opportunity identification, through sales and execution.
- Strategic, global responsibility for all staffing and operational aspects of the Biostatistics department.
- Defines a vision and outlines goals for the department which can be integrated into the overall corporate vision and goals.
- Provides oversight and reporting of project progress and financial health within Biostatistics. Responsible for the departmental P&L.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and provides appropriate resources, in order to promote team development and enhance departmental and project performance.
- Oversees and contributes to strategic initiatives and working groups within the Biostatistics department
- Leads technical innovation initiatives within the department for increased efficiency and quality
- Responsible for technical system choice, validation, implementation, and revision for core Biostatistics systems.
- Active member of operational and strategic client governing boards for key clients.
- Directs efforts in Biostatistics project costing estimates and change order process.
- Ensures Biostatistics supports Business Development through standards for and staffing of bid defense meetings, capabilities presentations, and budget and proposal development.
- Leads efforts in the development, maintenance and adherence to departmental SOPs and guidelines.
- Integrates operational practices within the department across all offices/regions
- Ensures that audit have appropriate Biostatistics representation and participates as necessary
- Participates in functional and/or corporate initiatives, including committees, special assignments, and acts as the departmental cross-functional liaison
- Represents Premier Research in the scientific and business community
- Collaborates with the consulting function within Premier Research to service client base
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) from an accredited college or university, in Biostatistics, Statistics or closely related field
- Minimum of 15 years of clinical research experience with at least 10 in a CRO or pharmaceutical environment
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience
- 7+ years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in drug development including interactions with regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA, EMA, EU member states, etc.)
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English, fluent in host country language.
- Able to direct the team as well as being hands on as required
- Strong Leadership, managing a remote team globally across different times zone and culturally diverse
- Strong ethos in developing the team to bring the next level of managers on to be the future leadership of the team
- Able to connect quickly and build strong lasting relationships with clients and internal team
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team
- Entrepreneurial in mindset, with the ability to provide innovative and creative customer service in an approach to work both internally and externally
- Multitasks and works effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment