Clinical Payment Specialist I
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Clinical Payments Specialist to bring your passion to our team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Clinical Payment Specialist I (CPS I) supports study teams with basic site finance activities including, but not limited to, investigator grant payments and accruals. The CPS I performs study setup, site contract setup, site payments, invoice reconciliation, accrual generation, and other basic finance activities within dedicated finance systems. This role also administers the finance systems by managing account accesses and assisting with troubleshooting. This position applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues, works on problems of limited scope, and follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Facilitate and distribute grant payments to respective sites throughout the course of a study and effectively communicate with investigators, sponsors and internal study team members
- Ensure clinical studies are correctly and appropriately set-up in the required system(s) as per the scope of work
- Ensure finance activities are completed within timelines as per service level agreements
- Review study specifications (e.g. – EDC visit and procedure structure) and site contracts to understand system setup requirements
- Complete setup in finance system(s) based on information in study specifications and site contracts
- Process data within finance system, ensuring accurate payment and accrual outputs
- Produce reports, as needed, outlining payment and accrual activity
- Provide system support to clinical study teams throughout the life of the study
- Additional activities as delegated
- Bachelor’s degree, or its international equivalent from an accredited institution, in a finance, clinical, science or health related field; or related experience
- BS/BA and 0 – 2 years direct experience, or 2+ years of related experience in finance or clinical trial industry
- Office based or clinical employment experience preferred
- Prior experience using computerized information systems preferred
- Knowledge of clinical contracts, budget terms, and basic study start-up and management activities preferred
- Experience working with various systems such as: EDC, CTMS, IVRS and other clinical systems preferred
- Knowledge of ICH and local regulatory authority drug research and development regulations preferred
- Basic analytical and investigative skills
- Strong ability to utilize new systems and demonstrate abilities within systems