Power Supply Design Engineer
- Research and define switching mode power supply topologies based on the specialties of the company's products.
- Work with IC designers on new product development and research new applications for new generations of company IC products.
- Design and develop switching power supply units (psu) using the company's products for design ideas, data books or customer requirements such as providing power supply unit (psu) prototype, bill of materials (BOM) and test/evaluation reports.
- Evaluate switching power supplies built with the company's products.
- Provide switching power supply design support and technical advice to the company's customers worldwide.
- Research and write technical application materials for publication and presentation at technical conferences, industry seminars, trade magazines and data books.
- Develop firmware for reference designs made with the company’s products
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as Power Supply Design/Applications Engineer or design experience in any of the following areas: power converters/ conversion/management, switching/switch mode power supply units (psu), inverters, power electronics design equipment, analog electronics design, control loop design and power magnetics design (transformer, chokes or inductors)
- Knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) design, EMI, EMC and safety regulatory compliance, and power conversion topologies (buck, boost, bridge, flyback, resonant or forward converters) and simulation (such as Mathcad, PSpice, Simplis, or Saber) is highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications is desired
- Firmware development skills using C/C++ are highly desired
- BSEE/MSEE or foreign equivalent