Test Capacity Planner
The Test Capacity Planner will utilize excellent analytical & critical thinking skills in the planning of multiple products through a complex manufacturing supply chain, which utilizes subcontractor assembly sites to meet multiple goals involving overall assembly capacity planning (which includes mold, Trim&Form, Die Attach capacity), Final-test capacity, and hardware inventory and requirements. This individual will be the primary interface with assembly/test suppliers, test engineering and product engineering team, along with business planning team to support short term and long term back end operation capacity planning (assembly and test). The role will also participate in Kinaxis capacity planning system, overall cycle time and equipment overall efficiency monitoring/ managing.
- Develop the capacity report for assembly/test
- Identify the short term and long term assembly/test capacity and recommend CapEx spending.
- Weekly/monthly capacity review and response to demand forecast.
- Manage all back end operation equipment/hardware for PI globally
- Final review and suggest for any additional equipment/hardware to meet demand forecast
- Control new equipment release to production
- Allocate and transfer equipment between suppliers when needed
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills using “Big Data”
- Excellent communication skills for working in cross-functional and international teams
- Ability to learn and willingness to do further training
- Hands-on mentality and the willingness and the ability for problem-solving
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business or equivalent
- APICS or similar certification desirable
- 5+ years’ operating successfully in a high volume production environment
- Experience in requirements definition, design, and implementation of supply chain systems
- Strong PL/SQL experience
- Advanced power user of Microsoft Excel, Power point, Visio, & projects required
- Business Objects report writing experience highly desired
- English fluency, other languages desirable