As a member of the Facilities team, the HVAC Technician will be responsible for servicing and repairing heating and air conditioning systems for our Facilities in San Jose HQ.
Essential Job Duties:
- Troubleshoot electrically, mechanically different types of HVAC, circuit breakers, plumbing to an end item.
- Utilizing various hand tools to include specialized equipment required to perform the work. For example: Utilizing a torch set for brazing, soft solder, temperature meters, electrical meters, amp probes, recovery equipment, vacuum pumps and other equipment.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job and repairing equipment or systems using the needed tools. Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Repairing or servicing heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to improve efficiency, such as by changing filters, refilling refrigerants, adjusting thermostats, humidistats, or timers.
- Servicing humidity control (humidification/dehumidification), boilers, VAV boxes, air balancing, compressed air systems, pneumatic controls, fire systems and plumbing systems.
- Be proactive to prevent equipment failures, performing preventative maintenance on equipment and determining if additional maintenance is needed.
- Adapt to emergencies and be available for on call during weekends and after hours as scheduled by management.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, or procedures, such as safety procedures or the maintenance of a clean work area. Safety orientated and willing to promote safety in the work place.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support company operations, as needed.
- Minimum 6 years of industrial direct expansion type of HVAC experience.
- Formal training in HVAC from an accredited institution, military, or other recognized organization (Union).
- Must be CFC “Universal” certified.
- Must understand the required record keeping using refrigerants as required by the EPA.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must know local HVAC codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on the job.
- Must be able to read blue prints and other diagrams.
- Must be reliable and customer oriented.
- Must complete all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Knowledge how to prioritize workload.
- Must be organized and have a good work ethic to clean up after themselves and keep things neat and orderly.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels with co-workers, employees, vendors, inspectors and upper management to ensure correct project work, while abiding by all codes. Good written and oral communications skill required.
- Have a good understanding of Title 24, NFPA 70e, Hazardous Waste, and other regulatory requirements by the City of San Jose, Santa Clara County, the State of California and Federal agencies.
- Related experience in electronics industry with knowledge of practices related to ESD machinery
- Enjoys working independently in a challenging environment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk, bend, climb ladders, and lift for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires some physical labor on a daily basis in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to talk, listen, speak clearly and understand instructions.
- Must be able to type on a computer device and answer phone calls.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.