IT Support Engineer
Sr. IT Support Engineer
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, US Sr. IT Support Engineer is responsible for providing L1-L3 user support enterprise-wide. The primary objective of this role is to ensure users’ computing issues are resolved in an efficient and timely manner to give the best possible customer experience.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Deploy and support end user PCs, workstations, desk and mobile phones (both software and hardware level) as part of the worldwide IT support team
- Provide end user training on supported applications: Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, WebEx, Video Conferencing, VOIP Phones and any other IT related applications, functions and devices.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory services such as, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
- Troubleshoot and Support MFP Printers – including end user and network/infrastructure (print servers)
- Support and troubleshoot cloud-based collaboration tools and meetings – WebEx, Zoom, RingCentral, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and end user computing issues both software and hardware
- Provide support to Windows Servers, patching and setup
- Capable of using and managing Systems Management, such as: Symantec Altiris, SCCM or MS Intune
- Assist with MDM and troubleshooting mobile devices (Airwatch)
- Perform IT Procurement with vendors and Mobile Device Management with Network Control
- Assist with communication of major outages to customers and coordinate with IT Team to ensure services are restored properly
- Support corporate IT projects with Support and Infrastructure Teams
- 5+ years of desktop support experience
- Must be able to complete small to moderate projects with minimal supervision
- Familiar with providing end user remote support
- Ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP networking issues and services
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows products – Operating Systems, Office Suite, etc.
- Experience with collaboration services such as VOIP phones, video conferencing and WebEx
- Experienced in Active Directory and Office365
- Knowledgeable with VCenter and other virtual technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and self-driven
- Exemplary customer service
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
A degree in a computer-related field or equivalent technical training and work experience in a Windows desktop and server environment