Sr. Staff IC Design Engineer
As the market leading innovator in energy efficient power conversion, Power Integrations is seeking Sr. Staff IC Design Engineer at our San Jose location.
Having pioneered many new power converter topologies and unique control algorithms, Power Integrations is now transforming the AC/DC power conversion market with its highly integrated controller ICs and proprietary high voltage Gallium Nitride (GaN) transistor technology enabling previously unattainable levels of energy efficiency and power density.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual in the field of power electronics to join our dynamic engineering team in capitalizing on this market transformation.
As a Sr. Staff Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of integrated circuits for switching power supplies using our proprietary BiCMOS technology.
Responsibilities include both, individual hands-on design as well as project/team management. Your tasks include but are not limited to defining chip architecture, circuit design, simulation, layout supervision, verification, product debugging and characterization, ATE to bench correlation, documentation and assisting test and product engineers with taking IC’s to production.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in analog and mixed signal IC design, preferably in the field of AC/DC switching power supplies
- In-depth understanding of analog circuit blocks and device physics
- Understanding of digital IC design
- Working knowledge of Cadence simulation tools and ability to run mixed-mode simulations
- Familiarity with Verilog
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in specification creation, technical report writing and test plans / instructions