Thrombosis Area Manager - Pittsburgh, PA
Thrombosis Area Manager – Pittsburgh, PA
This hospital based Sales position is truly focused on launching and selling novel compounds in the hospital setting. This opportunity requires successful navigation of hospital formulary process, as well as, gaining appropriate utilization of company products across a broad spectrum of customers. This position would also require the individual to develop and implement strategies for introducing new products, along with, growing the business in assigned accounts. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong business acumen, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work collaboratively within a growing organization.
- Meet or exceed all established territory sales plan and expense plan goals and objectives, by developing and implementing strategies specific to the assigned territory
- Collaborates with peers and company personnel to ensure corporate objectives and initiatives are achieved
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with targeted opinion leaders and hospitals, including physicians, medical staff, pharmacies, etc.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of Portola products and relevant disease states
- Maintain and provide periodic written and/or verbal communication as required
- Effectively create both short and long-term plans to accomplish goals and objectives
- Develop and implement special programs within territory to maximize sales opportunities, i.e. speaker’s bureau programs, symposium, etc.
- Complies with applicable laws in providing physicians with pharmaceutical samples and literature
- Complete assigned administrative tasks in a timely, accurate, legible, and organized manner
- Communicate a current, compliant, and accurate sales presentation to customers
- Maintain and operate assigned sales territory within established sales and/or corporate policies, procedures, and standards at all times
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations and Pharma guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A.S. or B.S. degree in a scientific or related field and/or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Sales and hospital sales experience in the assigned territory/accounts
- Experience launching in the hospital space and with hospital formularies success strongly preferred
- Broad cardiovascular, thrombosis relationships strongly preferred
- Established relationships with hospital pharmacy leadership strongly preferred
- Must have demonstrated sales success and clearly established industry relationships within territory
- Demonstrated success gaining formulary status for complex products
- Excellent communication and influential presentation or interpersonal skills, self-motivated with a sense of urgency, well-organized, strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to establish and build relationships with a strong business and clinical acumen and rapport with a diverse customer base
- Strong ability to learn and use technical product knowledge
- Must have all applicable professional licenses and credentials as required for job
- Must have ability to travel as required
- Valid US drivers license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
Portola Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.