Customer Engagement Director (East)
Customer Engagement Director - Marketing
Requisition ID: 434
The Customer Engagement Director (CED) will engage stakeholders while driving innovative execution of strategy and creative solutions on behalf of patients. As a CED for US Marketing, you will be leading key projects focused on cultivating product advocacy for the use of Andexxa® as a first-line treatment for severe life-threating bleeds associated with rivaroxaban (Xarelto®) and apixaban (Eliquis®).
• Develop strong relationships with a defined base of key opinion leaders associated with our key customer segments including Stroke Specialists, Trauma Surgeons and Emergency Physicians.
- Track advocacy level and selling outcomes with these key opinion leaders
- Develop an action plan to identify and develop regional rising stars
• Serve as ambassador/liaison to national medical societies and regional conference partners to position Andexxa® as the preferred first-line reversal agent.
- Manage Portola promotional presence at key national and regional congress
• Ensure the Andexxa® promotional speaker bureau is delivering maximal educational impact and value to Portola.
- Engage speaker community with routine, value-added touch-points such as publication alerts, conference activities and best practices
- Collaborate with Commercial, Medical, Compliance and Field Sales teams to optimize all educational tools provided to promotional speakers
- Co-develop alternative, value-added P2P platforms including matched pair programs and expert on demand.
• Plan and execute thought leader engagements and executive encounters at medical conferences and other venues in a compliant manner.
• Work with HCP champions to gather case studies for promotional purposes while supporting customer marketing to identify patient success stories and patient ambassadors
• Liaise closely with commercial leadership, including field sales team, to develop customer facing materials that differentiate Portola Pharmaceuticals products within the broader scope of corporate strategy.
• Collaborate with the broader commercial team to design and deliver advisory boards and to translate learnings into commercial actions.
• Create the business case(s) to evaluate new Marketing investments and educational opportunities. Present data to support key assumptions and provide analysis to show how varying assumptions will impact forecasts.
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years of marketing, strategic account planning and/or commercial operations experience
- Experience in a matrixed environment leading and managing teams to develop professional promotion/educational material
- Experience working in a corporate environment and familiarity and experience with commercial compliance approval pathways
- Experience working in Marketing developing customer facing educational programs
- Experience in company-wide leadership role and the ability to strategically lead teams with director and/or indirect reporting lines
- Ability to command the attention and respect of other members of senior management and, at the same time, understand the intricacies of dealing with customers, particularly KOLS’s and other key organizations, the behavior of which can have a significant impact on the success or failure of the business both regionally and nationally;
- Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success
- Strategic thinking and planning skills with the ability to create and communicate the company’s vision for the future and translate into clear strategies and specific priorities
- Experience in hospital space, critical care, cardiovascular, and/or thrombosis.
- Proven experience developing advocacy in a complex technical sales model.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Proven success partnering with internal stakeholders including Sales, Medical Affairs, and Regulatory to drive results.
- Ability to thrive and advocate for their positions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials
- 60-80% travel likely.
Portola Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.