Executive Creative Director
We are looking for an Executive Creative Director (ECD) who is enthusiastic about leading, mentoring, and growing our Creative Practice to deliver thoughtful, unexpected, and unforgettable work for our Clients. Based on the West Coast, we seek an ECD to help shape the future of our agency and establish a modern creative work environment (remote, onsite, flex) to attract and retain diverse creative talent and build on a culture of inclusion.
You are inspirational, both in how you show up with clients to provide creative solutions and how you actively engage with and lead your team. You are a dynamic agency leader able to set and drive a creative vision across all disciplines with enthusiasm and push the boundaries of what’s possible at the intersection of Creative & Technology. You care about the people and partnerships as much as the work.
As ECD you have both the responsibility and opportunity to make profound impacts on the business. You bring originality and new ideas to the table with cross-discipline thinking in your work. You take a focused approach to executional work with an ability to push beyond the tactical. You take initiative to bring new ideas to clients and develop client relationships.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and shape the Creative team within POP to work alongside and in concert with all other disciplines
- Attract, retain, develop, and inspire top creative talent to deliver exceptional creative work for new and existing clients
- Provide high-level concept guidance to strengthen creative work produced by the team
- Collaborate actively with technology leadership to foster innovative technology-infused creative approaches to client work
- Partner with Client Engagement & Program Management to help grow existing accounts, including identifying opportunities to provide broader POP offerings
- Partner with Strategy and Program Management to ensure briefs are productive, and estimates, scopes, and approach are in place to deliver great work
- Lead creative for new business and partner with leaders to assemble the right pitch team to pursue opportunities
- Grow partnerships with creative studios, industry organizations, and schools to bring fresh thinking and diversity to POP
- Foster ongoing improvements in creative processes and methodologies
What We’re Looking For
- 12+ years of agency experience—having held a Creative Director position previously and a portfolio showcasing outstanding creative work
- Excellent ability to connect and develop relationships with peers and team members at all levels
- Recognized strength in team leadership, structure, and mentorship
- Proven experience growing Client relationships and extending our work
- Advanced client presentation and narrative development skills
- Point of view on promoting and facilitating a culture of inclusion and collaboration
Who We Are
We are POP. We work hard. We’re professional. We stay humble. We are coders and craftspeople, as hardworking and eclectic as the city itself. We believe that how something works is as important as how it looks. We build things better than they need to be. We value craft over hype. We partner with brands that value ideas over egos. Pioneers at heart and stoic to the core.
What’s In It for You
POP offers competitive compensation and full benefits. We pay 100% of the healthcare premiums for all our employees. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, AD&D, Life Insurance, and 401k with employer match.
We host many annual celebrations for employees and family members to show love for POPsters. Additionally, each year, we offer generous paid time off, an extended winter break, and recognize individuals for 10 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we believe in the importance of work/life balance!
POP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment. POP will not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]