Paid Search Strategy Lead (6+ months contract)
We are looking for a Paid Search Strategy Lead to develop and oversee forecasting, execution, and optimization of global SEM campaigns for one of our B2B clients. You will play a pivotal role in driving the acquisition and engagement of customers across a portfolio of products through our branded and unbranded paid search initiatives. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable expertise in driving data-driven marketing strategy, with an advanced understanding of Google Ads data and partner integrations, as well as familiarity of other performance marketing channels/functions such as programmatic, marketing analytics, CRM/lifecycle marketing or growth marketing. This role will collaborate with the client’s SEO, global and regional paid media teams, and their agency partners to build a holistic paid search program, from ideation to execution and iteration, to reporting plans and progress to leadership.
This is a full-time contract / freelance-based role slated for at least 6 months, with strong potential for contract renewal and extension.
What You’ll Do
- Full funnel search marketing: Partner with global agencies on strategy, ads, bids, landing pages, & data-driven analysis
- Collaborate with Digital Intelligence (SEO, testing and optimization), Product/Brand, Business Intelligence and analytics teams to ideate, launch and track testing to ensure alignment on global processes, while optimizing the consumer experience from impression through conversion and contributing to the overall direction and monetization of the assigned always-on and campaign strategies
- Ownership of the structure, tactical direction, optimization, spend, and P&L of specific campaigns
- Work closely with leads across other paid channels (programmatic, social, lead generations) to deliver an optimal, data-driven media mix
- Support development of global media roadmap. Define, scope and track the evolution of the client’s global paid search program. Minimum viable > minimum lovable > best-in-class
- Champion the ongoing development of paid search processes, tools, and best-in-class usage of data integrations, personalization, and attribution
What We’re Looking For
- 5-7 years of experience executing and optimizing demand generation campaigns with a proven ability to maximize profit
- Digital agency experience required, with a strong preference for an individual that has experience in or tenured collaboration with other marketing disciplines such as paid social, programmatic DSPs, marketing analytics, ad operations, and/or audience strategy (CDPs or DMPs)
- A track record in ongoing account optimization, including structure & targeting improvements (geo, demographic, audiences, dayparting, keyword and URL), search query mining, keyword expansion, negative keywords, and improvement of bid management processes
- Deep understanding of paid search best practices, trends, and tools, and proven application of competitive analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Google Ads required and experience in emerging search platforms such as Baidu a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe stack (Audience Manager, Experience Manager and Analytics), Tealium TMS, Flashtalking or DoubleClick ad servers, SQL, data visualization tools (Tableau/Datorama) a huge plus
Who We Are
We are POP. We work hard. We’re professional. We stay humble. We are coders and craftspeople, as hardworking and eclectic as the city itself. We believe that how something works is as important as how it looks. We build things better than they need to be. We value craft over hype. We partner with brands that value ideas over egos. Pioneers at heart and stoic to the core.
What’s In It for You
POP offers competitive compensation and full benefits. We pay 100% of the healthcare premiums for all our employees. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, AD&D, Life Insurance, and 401k with employer match.
We host many annual celebrations for employees and family members to show love for POPsters. Additionally, each year, we offer generous paid time off, an extended winter break, and recognize individuals for 10 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we believe in the importance of work/life balance!
POP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment. POP will not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]