Senior Full-Stack Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer (FSE) who is an expert in broad application engineering practices. The FSE is experienced in developing rich UI experiences and backend architectures that are deployed to physical servers and in the cloud. They are quick to learn new technologies and comfortable with changing requirements. The FSE is capable of troubleshooting functional, layout and performance issues in the application itself or with the services, databases or platforms that support it.
This FSE will be part of our WordFly team. WordFly is an innovative digital marketing tool for arts, culture & entertainment venues. This B2B email marketing SaaS product helps venues connect to their audience, sell tickets, engage customers, generate development funds and more. It is used by some of the world’s greatest museums, sports & music venues, zoos and aquariums!
The FSE contributes hands-on to application development efforts, is an advisor to technical and non-technical stakeholders guiding them through technical decisions by helping them understand risks, dependencies, constraints, and options for solving technical challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Implement front-end UI experiences using design specifications, layouts and assets
- Design and implement database systems, middle-tier business objects and components and REST services
- Use a variety of technologies and languages such as .NET, C#, Java, PHP, Python, SQL and MySQL
- Standup and deploy environments in Azure, AWS and private data centers
- Perform hardware/network-related troubleshooting
- Advise on software architecture and how your work is deployed in production
- Advise on security and performance aspects of applications
- Working with clients in partnership with technical architects and/or project management
- Develop elegant, well architected solutions
- 6+ years of programming experience using languages and technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, Java, Python, PHP, SQL, and/or MySQL
- 4+ years’ experience designing, developing, and supporting enterprise-class solutions
- Proficiency in most or all of the following methodologies and practices: Design Patterns, Component-Based Design, Refactoring, and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Strong background in component, application, framework and database design and development
- Ability to collaborate effectively in teams and to communicate technology issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent coding, architecture, and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills demonstrated by the ability to execute on multiple projects while working on a tight deadline
- A portfolio exhibiting examples of clean code and adherence to coding standards
- Passion for learning, teaching and problem-solving
POP offers competitive compensation and full benefits. We pay 100% of the healthcare premiums and life insurance premiums for all our employees. Additionally, each year, we offer generous paid time off and recognize individuals for 10 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we believe in the importance of work/life balance! POP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment. POP will not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]