Director, Product Marketing
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Director, Product Marketing. Position can be located in either our Troy, MI headquarters, the Boston area, or a remote working situation will be considered for highly qualified candidates. Example responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies for the Plex products ranging from platform to technology/innovation launches, including positioning, value statements, target customer definition, core message development, and sales training.
- Defining and driving success across Plex analytics and IIoT.
- Serve as product evangelist for the Plex Manufacturing Cloud, functioning as one of the leading spokespersons for the use of Cloud ERP in the manufacturing industry, including user group meetings, tradeshows and conferences, and software industry conferences.
- Position Plex as a thought leader and leverage the community we are building, including our users, press and industry analysts.
- Content Marketing: define and create engaging content to establish Plex as a trusted advisor on manufacturing trends, best practices, and technology.
- Lead competitive and market intelligence.
- Develop sales tools and presentations to accelerate pipeline and improve close rates.
- Develop and deliver value-based presentations in person or via webinars.
- Work directly with product teams to align product capabilities to value drivers.
- Manage complex, cross-functional, high-value projects – sometimes with ambiguity – from start to finish.
- Create and update buyer personas as a guide for developing relevant content and market perspectives.
- Inform product strategy with thorough research and detailed strategies.
- Proactively collaborate across all marketing teams including demand generation, creative services, corporate communications, web/digital and beyond.
- BA in Business, or a BS in engineering or computer science; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant software or technical product management or product marketing experience; SaaS experience a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing industries, particularly MES or IoT systems, and business processes is preferred.
- Public speaking and analyst experience/training desired.
- Comfortable presenting strategies, plans and proposals at the executive or Board level.
- Sales enablement and executive presentation skills preferred.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with writing samples are musts.
- Passionate self-starter and personal time/project management are musts.
- This position reports to the VP of Product Marketing.
- Up to 25% travel (if remote).
- Must have dedicated home office (if remote).
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.