Sr. Account Executive - Mid-Market - Eastern Region
Sr. Account Executive – Eastern Region Mid-Market
We’re on a mission. As a fast-growing software company on the cutting-edge of technology, Plex is revolutionizing global manufacturing in the same way cloud solutions have transformed sales, marketing, and human capital management. We want manufactures to succeed. That’s why we’re on a mission to replace underperforming, on-premise enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems with the Plex Manufacturing Cloud – ERP built for today’s model of manufacturing. If you want to see the future of business, we’re what’s next.
Are you a self-starter? A deal maker? At Plex, you will find a culture that encourages and rewards such spirit. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success. This is a great opportunity to manage accounts as your own business and be compensated for your success in driving our company’s growth.
As a Senior Account Representative at Plex, you will be responsible for identifying and building new business, selling Plex’s Manufacturing ERP cloud into process, SMB, manufacturing accounts. The position is a remote role looking for individuals based in the Eastern US time zone.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement sales strategies that ensure we meet our revenue objectives by growing new accounts.
- Prospect new opportunities through networking, cold calling and other lead generation techniques.
- Manage the sales cycle, performing lead qualification, arranging and providing demonstrations, quoting and closing.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, which link back to Plex’s solutions.
- Research prospective organizations to identify the right customer stakeholders to sell to.
- Coach customer stakeholders and build consensus for Plex’s solutions within their organization.
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Increase Plex’s sales volume and deal size.
- Work closely with internal implementation and development teams to develop implementation approach and quote, and assure smooth delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Report account activity, opportunity status and other details.
- Other sales and marketing related activities.
- Three plus years of demonstrated success selling complex software solutions (SaaS strongly preferred). Experience selling Enterprise software applications, including ERP, MES, Supply Chain or PLM solutions into process manufacturers, considered a plus.
- A passion for manufacturing and a sound understanding of manufacturing processes and functions.
- Ability to systematically solve problems and hypothesize possible customer point points, expectations, and implicit needs.
- Ability to tailor communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively deliver presentations to all levels of the organization, and strong oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience using rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations in your favor.
- Ability to identify the right customer stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success.
- Hunter mentality with a relentless drive to achieve results; independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision; Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple opportunities concurrently.
- Network of contacts in manufacturing-related organizations and target companies.
- Experience as a consultant considered a plus.
- Challenger Selling methodology training considered a strong plus
- Ability to travel.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud
Plex is the engine behind the manufacturing economy, powering the first ERP cloud built specifically for the plant floor. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud delivers anywhere, anytime industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation through a secure web browser, connecting suppliers, machine, people, systems, and customers with capabilities that deliver continuous innovation. Plex now supports more than 550 plus organizations and 1,800 plus manufacturing facilities in 22 countries around the world. Our customers make everything from diesel engines and aircraft to ice cream and candy, all in the Plex Manufacturing Cloud.