Sales Research Intern
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
In support of our ongoing growth, we are seeking a Sales Research Intern who is able to start asap (this is not a Summer Internship). The position is located in our Troy, MI headquarters. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, dependable, self-starter/quick learner with a professional attitude, and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include the following:
- Research prospect leads from Plex sales efforts
- Determine if prospects fit with Plex’s target profile
- Utilize multiple tools to conduct research
- Routes inbound activity to the appropriate representative.
- Reviews account disputes, appropriately assigning accounts to the proper representatives
- Other responsibilities to support the Business Development team as needed
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related degree
- Experience using various CRM systems is a plus (Salesforce, LinkedIn)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Flexibility to work 15-20 hours per week
- May lead to a full time BDR role
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive Wages
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.