Senior Test Automation Engineer-Application
Senior Test Automation Engineer- Application
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone.
That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products. Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
We are seeking a Sr. Test Automation Engineer to join our growing team in Pune, India.
- Plan and lead technical automation design discussions
- Mentor and coach others in automation scripting
- Become a SME in the product domain
- Understanding of DevOps and Cloud Ops functions
- Code, maintain, and execute test automation scripts for web, web-services, and mobile applications
- Design test automation strategy and lead its implementation
- Map business and technical requirements into test cases and test scripts
- Collaborate with Product Management, developers, quality assurance and other stakeholders to identify candidates for test automation
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
- Identify strong and weak points in existing test environments and improve overall test environment quality
- Assist with research, evaluation, and implementation of the latest cutting-edge technologies in field of Automation, Devops
- Provide direction on automation techniques and perform code reviews
- Reporting team/project metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years’ direct coding / test automation development experience
- Understanding of DevOps and Cloud Ops functions
- Expertise working with one or both of C#/.NET ecosystem or Java/JVM ecosystem
- Expertise in automation framework architecture: designing, implementing, and working with multiple, diverse automation frameworks; Bellatrix a plus!
- Experience leveraging contemporary deployment technologies like Docker, Terraform, etc
- Knowledge of buffering, stream processing, complex event processing, and storage solutions (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, Mongo, etc)
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, or other open source/commercial market-leading solutions for functional, regression, or performance test automation
- API and Web Services (RESTful, SOAP) automation background
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms, practices, concepts, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience working with GIT or any other version control system
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration and build automation systems
- Exposure to working with the latest cutting-edge technologies in field of Automation, DevOps
- Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL language
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task day-to-day activities
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in automated testing of mobile applications (Appium)
- Experience with Azure and other Microsoft technologies
- Experience with ERP solutions is a plus; preferably Plex or other manufacturing focused solutions
- Knowledge of ASP (VBScript), ASP.NET (C#) or MVC
- Knowledge of cloud-based automation
- Experience with Jira/Confluence is a plus
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy including:
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous benefits
- Generous leave policies
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, incredibly rewarding and fun. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.