Sr. Software Engineer - Core Platform
Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Software Engineer to help develop our next generation platform. There are new, disruptive forces in today’s manufacturing environment where we need to be ready to capitalize on opportunities. Integrating augmented/mixed reality, voice, IIoT and new levels of automation to name a few, while maintaining scale, stability and performance. Sound fun? It does to us too!
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related area or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years of professional development experience in C# and .NET technologies
- Experience guiding and mentoring other engineers or technical team members
- Demonstrated experience in developing cloud applications
- Experience working with modern UI languages and frameworks
- Familiarity with the full technology stack, from UI to DB
- Experience building microservices and HTTP APIs
- Experience working in agile teams with an understanding of other software development lifecycle processes
- General understanding of some design patterns, principles, and frameworks
- Comfortable writing testable code along with unit tests
- Good communication skills
- Able to think critically and outside-the-box
- Strong focus on software quality
- Team-centered mindset
- Willing to work hard to help build our growing company
- A sense of humor!
Specific Experience (not all required):
- Experience with configuring build and release pipelines in Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Working knowledge in a DevOps environment
- Hands on experience with containerization and cluster technologies (e.g. Docker, RKt, Kubernetes)
- Experience with distributed storage and data systems (e.g. Cassandra, Memcached, Kafka, Redis)
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL persistence approaches
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
What do we offer?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy including:
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous benefits
- Generous leave policies
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Opportunity for business travel to US
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, incredibly rewarding and fun. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.