PreSales Engineer - Manufacturing Execution Systems
PreSales Engineer – Manufacturing Execution Systems
We’re on a mission. As a fast-growing software company on the cutting-edge of technology, Plex is revolutionizing global manufacturing for our customers in the same way cloud solutions have transformed sales, marketing, and human capital management. We help manufacturers to succeed so we’re on a mission to replace under-performing, on-premise Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with the Plex Manufacturing Cloud – MES built for today’s model of manufacturing. If you want to see the future of business, we’re what’s next.
Plex is a rapidly growing company consistently recognized as a top workplace. In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Senior Solution Engineer to identify the value of Plex to our prospect prospects and customers.
The MES PreSales Engineer should have 5 – 10 years of experience in Discrete and Process Manufacturing industries. He/she must have experience leading MES sales engagements with a presales consultative approach, and must be comfortable interacting directly with clients and managing their expectations. In addition, the candidate should be adept at identifying business requirements and communicating benefits between business and technical teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in an MES related presales position.
- A strong presence, business acumen and exceptional presentation skills are a must.
- A working knowledge of the ISA-95 set of standards and applications of the standards by organizations such as MESA.org
- Experience with Manufacturing ERP systems and associated integration strategies with MES applications.
- Familiarity with data acquisition hardware and applications, including PLCs, OPC, Kepware and related edge solutions.
- Expertise in Manufacturing Operations in discrete and process industries, including associated metrics, KPI’s, and reporting standards.
- Direct experience with commercially available MES applications such as Wonderware, Apriso, Camstar, FactoryTalk, and MATTEC desired.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related disciplines.
- Work with our prospects and customers to understand business requirements and define the overall solution architecture including integration to other systems.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to clearly communicate and demonstrate the value of Plex solutions to our customers.
- Develop and perform technical software demonstrations specific to customer needs and concerns.
- Construct/prepare presentations to address manufacturing company’s business needs.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
We’re looking for highly skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs. With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.