Technical Account Manager - Transition Specialist
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Plex TAM - Transition Specialist to guide our customers through a successful transition to our new user interface. This position can be located in our Troy, MI headquarters, or in our Irvine, CA office.
- Responsible for the successful transition of assigned enterprise customers who do not have Gold or Platinum Support.
- Milestone tracking on customer transition projects, monitoring all assigned projects in process
- Identify projects at risk and escalate as needed
- Execute project gate reviews with transitioning customers
- Act as trusted advisor to Plex customers in cases, on the phone, and in the community
- As a transition SME, provide guidance and best practices information specific to the product that’s being transitioned, including items such as project deliverables, timing, launch approach, and alternatives to standard solutions
- Build and improve gate review/readiness check processes
- Monitor customer cases for patterns and potential product issues and to ensure timeliness of responses
- Test and validate product transition solutions
- Work closely with product to ensure learnings are captured, documented and communicated to customers
- Act as a backup for others on the TAM team for premium support customers when a TAM is out, or when capacity dictates it.
- Minimum of 3 years within Plex Support Services or Professional Services OR a combined minimum of 4 years as a Technical Account Manager or IT consultant.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or Engineering (or similar) or equivalent overall work experience.
- Thorough understanding of Classic and UX functionality and basic configuration options
- Knowledge of Plex organization and processes
- 3-5 years of experience using or supporting an ERP/MRP system
- Ability to configure and validate solutions in the Plex product
- Proficient in Project management
- Detail oriented, ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Professional customer-facing communication skills
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.